PDA

View Full Version : Auto Timers

jbeer
28-03-16, 22:47
Hi all,

I've been slowly adding my Auto Times for the new F1 season and I've managed to do all the timers with the exception of 1 and need some help.

I've been setting the various programs using the setting of partially matching the program Titles and having the setting for looking for the unique matches on the title and descriptions but this last one is not working.

Now the title is as follows - "Live Bharain Grand Prix". Now the place Bahrain obviously changes with every race so I thought I could have the Auto Time look for the title of - "Live Grand Prix" with a partial match but this does not work. Is it possible to enter a wildcard character in place of the Grand Prix location therefore have something like "Live * Grand Prix".

I did try just having "Grand Prix" which does work but it then adds in all the programs that are repeated for the previous races which it not great.

Any help and advise would be great.

Thanks - Jason

birdman
29-03-16, 10:10
I did try just having "Grand Prix" which does work but it then adds in all the programs that are repeated for the previous races which it not great.Add a Filter to only record on Sunday.

pbz1983
29-03-16, 18:24
if any help.........
I have the following setup in autotimer.xml so it records:

Live drivers press conference (thursday)
Live team principal press conferece (friday)
Live qualifying (saturday)
Live track parade (sunday pre-race)
Live pit lane (sunday pre-race)
Live grand prix (sunday)
Live paddock (sunday post-race / ted's notebook)

<timer name="Live F1" match="Live" enabled="yes" overrideAlternatives="1">
<serviceref>1:0:1:51A:7E5:2:11A0000:0:0:0:</serviceref> <!-- Sky Sports F1 -->
<exclude where="title">GP1</exclude>
<exclude where="title">GP2</exclude>
<exclude where="title">GP3</exclude>
<exclude where="title">Practice 1</exclude>
<exclude where="title">Practice 2</exclude>
<exclude where="title">Practice 3</exclude>
<exclude where="title">The F1 Show</exclude>
</timer>

I've added my own exceptions as I don't want to record those!

jbeer
31-03-16, 22:58
Thanks both,
I've ended up doing as birdman suggested and locked it down to just on Sunday's.

Pbx1983 - interesting way of doing your way, I've actually done Auto Timers for each program as I too don't want the Practise sessions and still getting use to the fine tuning of the Auto Timer settings. Did you edit your timer manually or did you add those exceptions via the Auto Timer itself?