PDA

View Full Version : Cool TV EPG? CrossEPG??

coozer
27-03-16, 17:37
My New TM Twin OE came with V6.4 cool tv guide and all it ever did was ask for an update. Ive tried the ipk for V7.3 but ti fails with saying the resource is unavailable.

I want to use Crossepg but cannot work out how to stop the remote control trying open cool tv epg which I have uninstalled.

Anyone help?
Steve

Bazzer
27-03-16, 17:39
How did you uninstall cool tv guide.
What image are you using ?

Rob van der Does
27-03-16, 17:44
Which image are you using?

coozer
27-03-16, 18:01
4D openpli.

Unistalled from the plugin menu. Now when I go into the plugins it warns me cooltv is missing!

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 18:19
Most people here use OpenVix. If you want to use the 4D image, flash/install latest one.

Just to clarify:
CrossEPG downloader is one method of downloading the epg data. That data needs to be displayed somehow.

The base image has the graphical EPG (as well as other EPG screens) which does the job, but is not the best. So a lot of people use the CoolTV guide plugin.
However, the OpenVix and some other OE-A images have the EPG screens, in my opinion, a lot better than cooltv guide. This is standard in the image. Have a look at this thread: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48142-EPG-Screens-and-Navigation&highlight=epg+screens+navigation
There will be very few people using OpenVix and also CoolTV guide.

Lastly, do not mix up EPG with channel lists/genres/favourites.

Let us know which way you want to go. Persever with 4D's PLi based image or Openvix

coozer
29-03-16, 15:21
Thanks, I have flashed the box with the latest openvix and all is well now. Can get to it via filezilla and also on my PC by putting the 192. address in the browser.

Cheers,
Steve