PDA

View Full Version : black hole problems

mark_hopley
01-01-11, 15:17
I decided to have a change and swap from the vix image to the latest black hole image. I am having problems though. If I try to manually install a ipk file from tmp directory it appears to install but actually doesn't. Also the multi epg does not work at all. When you press 3 to get multi epg nothing happens. My last issue is that the bouquets do not show up. If I press red all the channels are there but if I press blue I just get a blank screen.

Can anyone help with any of these?

Stanman
01-01-11, 17:34
Yes - go back to VI - if it aint broke dont change it.

mark_hopley
01-01-11, 18:48
Point taken but not really the answer I was hoping for :)

jjp2701
01-01-11, 18:54
reboot after installation,i am running the latest blackhole image and it is solid, i was running vix 1.3 but getting probs when i used to put it in standby, so i went with blackhole, and it is brilliant, use the image i put on here that is the backup image of ferret and it has everything already in m8, even the epg stuff

bassethound
01-01-11, 19:06
The standby in the latest updates below jjp2701

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4346-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v1.3-Online-Software-Updates

snakie
01-01-11, 20:45
Load BH 1.4.1(It works for me perfectly).Avoid Ferrets images-they are a bit complicated.1.4.2 doesn't work properly either.
Hope it helps

mark_hopley
02-01-11, 00:37
thanks for the replys guys. having tried different versions and played about with it for ages it turns out to be something wrong with my settings back up that I was restoring. When I re-setup from scratch the problems were gone.

bob1
02-01-11, 10:21
I prefer Nuovo BKP Pappaalfio basato su BH142 ,ferrets is ok but the server has been changed and some of the downloads aren't compatible with black-hole.
You need to change the language to English though.

jrbmw
02-01-11, 10:45
Running the bh 1.4.2 and all ok took awhile to get it to work with the cams but worth the effort.Reload the settings with dbedit

canthackit
02-01-11, 13:31
Load BH 1.4.1(It works for me perfectly).Avoid Ferrets images-they are a bit complicated.1.4.2 doesn't work properly either.
Hope it helps

i have to disagree with you there mate, for me ferret's modded version worked as good as if not better than the original, and it saves having to mess around loading cams etc, apart from the epg but then again that dont work on any of the images properly.

for me, if you want to go the BH route use ferrets.

regards: canthackit

jrbmw
02-01-11, 17:37
i have to disagree with you there mate, for me ferret's modded version worked as good as if not better than the original, and it saves having to mess around loading cams etc, apart from the epg but then again that dont work on any of the images properly.

for me, if you want to go the BH route use ferrets.

regards: canthackit

Tried ferrets image ,but you cant use the skins on the nabilo server.Got bh 1.4.2 working good and the epg, and it doesent have to reboot after loading the epg.Cams easily installed manually with the addon manager

Regards jrbmw

patchas
02-01-11, 18:09
Hi
I am running Blackhole 1.4.2B, It works a treat, I have done all the necessary install incliding epg all works well after reboot. try rebooting after installation.

snakie
03-01-11, 18:44
From BH download server skins are for DM only(I assume).I've tried to upload skins couple times and it always crashes my vu+duo after reboot.Anyway -where is a point to load different skin if army skin is the best?That is one of the things why I love BlackHole.

bob1
03-01-11, 18:53
From BH download server skins are for DM only(I assume)

Your not on bh server then, plenty of skins to download, if your using ferret backup then you are connected to a different server.