PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo skin not installing

Grenadekid
27-03-16, 10:57
Hi all
A friend of mine has a vu+duo and it has a problem with the skin seemingly, yesterday I was having a look at it and the usual message "your receiver has encountered a software problem and needs to restart". It does this occasionally and it seems to be the skin that's causing the problem according to the error message. I don't want to do a reflash at the moment as I find it takes so long to set everything up the way he wants it (fusspot)and I don't have the time. I tried downloading a new skin but that didn't work as it says some place it goes to is full up(sorry for being vague but I'm not very technically minded about these things). I thought about doing a factory reset but its that long from I done one I cant remember how far back that will take me as regards losing line, recordings, settings etc. It has been running flawlessly for over a year until now and no changes have been made to the skin in that time. maybe theres some way in can sort out the skin without a reset or flash?. Any help or advice on what to do next most appreciated. Sorry, forgot to say theres 2 skins in the box software at the minute if that has any relevance from mem the skin installed was the one that came standard with the vix flash.
regards kev