PDA

View Full Version : Crashing

27-03-16, 09:09
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I flashed my Solo2 with the latest image, 4.0.002. I was unable to update the box from my old image which was 3.0.626. Internet off/feeds down.
Today the box keeps crashing. I first noticed this when trying to remove or add timers.
So, I tried to set the logs bit, entered my E mail, user etc. This asks for a restart. Now the Solo2 crashes every time I ask it to restart. This wiped my new log settings/info.
So I re enter and turn off using the boxes own power button. This works and retains my new log settings/info. So I try to restart which causes the crash again but still no log
as it has once again wiped my settings/info.
So, it seems I'm unable to get a log file to show what's wrong.
The Solo2 was working flawlessly yesterday, until the new image :(

Please help.

Cheers,

Keith.

john doe
27-03-16, 09:24
you should have flashed via usb. you are on a very very old image - 3.0.626. try flashing with a usb 4.0 002 once done there will be another update 4.0 003, which can be flashed by using software update

Sicilian
27-03-16, 10:39
003 builds have been released for download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27-03-16, 11:55
you should have flashed via usb. you are on a very very old image - 3.0.626. try flashing with a usb 4.0 002 once done there will be another update 4.0 003, which can be flashed by using software update

I did flash by USB. Any idea why the box crashes pretty much every time I just look at the remote?

27-03-16, 11:55
003 builds have been released for download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that mean I have to start from scratch? AGAIN?

Rob van der Does
27-03-16, 12:12
I did flash by USB. Any idea why the box crashes pretty much every time I just look at the remote?
Please attach a crashlog; without that we can't say anything at all.

Does that mean I have to start from scratch? AGAIN?
No.

27-03-16, 12:19
Please attach a crashlog; without that we can't say anything at all.

Would love to. Sadly the crashes wipe the log management details :(

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 12:34
The crashlogs will be in /home/root/logs/ Transfer to PC, then attach here.

Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

27-03-16, 14:15
The crashlogs will be in /home/root/logs/ Transfer to PC, then attach here.

Thank you. Only they aren't there. As I said, I can't set up the log manager. Everytime I do the crash resets the data so that logs aren't kept :(

Cheers,

Keith.

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 14:23
Crashlogs are independent of the Log Manager.

Put your receiver to sleep with command

init 4

Navigate to /etc/enigma2, find the file called "settings" I would have asked you to post it here, but iot is likely to contain sensitive information. E-mail it to vixlogs@oe-alliance.com

27-03-16, 15:26
Crashlogs are independent of the Log Manager.

Put your receiver to sleep with command

init 4

Navigate to /etc/enigma2, find the file called "settings" I would have asked you to post it here, but iot is likely to contain sensitive information. E-mail it to vixlogs@oe-alliance.com

Hi,

Sorry, didn't understand the sleep, init 4 bit but I've sent the settings document you asked for.

Cheers,

Keith.

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 15:39
There is a guide to issuing linux commands in my signature. That should asssist you in giving the commands to the receiver. If you can get the hang of it,

Issue this command

init 4
Your receiver will stop/go to sleep.

Download this attachment and extract it to your PC. Then transfer it to /etc/enigma2/

Issue this command

init 3
Your receiver will restart.

Hopefully your problem is resolved. If it is not, flash latest image and do not restore settings.

Separate matters:
You should be using CCcam 2.30. This has been the case for a while now.
In ABM, you should select the region with "custom" at the end of name.

Rob van der Does
27-03-16, 15:44
You should be using CCcam 2.30 or better: Oscam. CCcam will stop working on a lot of services with multiple encodings.

28-03-16, 11:16
There is a guide to issuing linux commands in my signature. That should asssist you in giving the commands to the receiver. If you can get the hang of it,

Issue this command

init 4
Your receiver will stop/go to sleep.

Download this attachment and extract it to your PC. Then transfer it to /etc/enigma2/

Issue this command

init 3
Your receiver will restart.

Hopefully your problem is resolved. If it is not, flash latest image and do not restore settings.

Hiya,

Many thanks for your help. Weirdest thing, this morning it was all fine. Didn't crash once but I figured I'd install your settings anyway. Before I could I did a restart and the box wouldn't come on at all!!!
I ended up re flashing, via USB, the latest image :)
All set up again and working fine, fingers crossed.
Would you mind having another check of my settings if I e mail them?

Cheers,

Keith.

28-03-16, 16:46
Hi,

Still having a lot of crashes. Going to try attaching some logs.

Rob van der Does
28-03-16, 18:36
Please post a crashlog as well.

28-03-16, 18:50
Please post a crashlog as well.

Hi Rob,

It got so bad I had to re flash. I'll keep an eye on it for now. I wonder whether installing XBMC was a possible cause of my woes?

Cheers,

Keith.

Rob van der Does
28-03-16, 18:54
The crashlog might tell us that.