PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Moving from blackhole to Vix

brooky
26-03-16, 17:22
Hi to all.
First off, I'm not sure if this is the right section, if not can somebody please move it to a more appropriate place. I have a mate running a Vu+ Duo with a motorised dish.
He has seen my system (fixed dish) running Vix and wants to switch.
I have no problem with flash loaders and new images etc but I have some concerns over setting so we don't mess up the dish ( I have no experience of setting up motorised dishes).
if I do a settings back up in black hole, will they transfer over to the vix build?
If not, what do I need to do so as not to mess up the dish?
What do I need to write down? what do i need to watch for?

Thanks in advance.

john doe
26-03-16, 17:42
flashing to vix is simple, once flashed use ABM to setup all channels

stick image of box on usb and switch off box, plug usb in and let it do its thing. once done, go through online setup and go to ABM use your custom region and scan

twol
26-03-16, 18:10
Hi to all.
First off, I'm not sure if this is the right section, if not can somebody please move it to a more appropriate place. I have a mate running a Vu+ Duo with a motorised dish.
He has seen my system (fixed dish) running Vix and wants to switch.
I have no problem with flash loaders and new images etc but I have some concerns over setting so we don't mess up the dish ( I have no experience of setting up motorised dishes).
if I do a settings back up in black hole, will they transfer over to the vix build?
If not, what do I need to do so as not to mess up the dish?
What do I need to write down? what do i need to watch for?

Thanks in advance.
You might want to ask a general question about transferring over settings for a motorised dish ... I don't have one so although I expect they are in etc/enigma2 they could be elsewhere :)

Huevos
26-03-16, 18:35
Just save the settings file from /etc/enigma2. That way if things go wrong we can help you.

brooky
31-03-16, 17:20
is the setting file from blackhole compatible with Vix? if it is. ill just copy it and paste it into the vix image.

abu baniaz
31-03-16, 17:42
is the setting file from blackhole compatible with Vix? if it is. ill just copy it and paste it into the vix image.

The entries for tuner config should be the same.

You will need to stop enigma2 using command "init 4" You can then paste the lines and restart with "init 3"

Rob van der Does
31-03-16, 18:08
But be careful to only copy the 'NIM'-lines, not the whole file.

Stanman
01-04-16, 08:59
You can copy the autotimers, cam configs without any problems. I did what your trying in reverse and it worked fine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

brooky
01-04-16, 13:43
OK, ill give it a try.....