PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bravia 4k tv with built in sateilite tuner DVB-T2

colmheneghan
26-03-16, 01:29
Right guys,
need help or advice.
Im playing around with my satellite cable from my sky dish because my VU Solo box is gubbed.(Green screen issue still trying to resolve)
Right I've got my satellite cable connected into my sony bravia KD-49X8309C (the DVB-T2 Connection-Main)
Currently using it for freesat tv at the moment and works fine.
The TV works on android OS and i'm asking any expert out there that can help me?
Is there anything i can do to get more channels than just freeview with the satellite cable..(i.e CCcam,image etc)
I have 980 channels from the satellite tuning and obviously freeview channels are displaying.
The comedy central channel which we love comes up with a display box saying:
Selected service is scrambled and cannot be decoded.
Is there any way around this and will any images work?
Any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

DaMacFunkin
26-03-16, 08:58
Let me start by being pedantic, you are not receiving any channels by plugging your satellite cable into your T2 port, T2 is for Terrestrial channels.
You can run oscam on some android OS tv's which would then read your sky card from the ci slot, you will need a specificly patched version for your tv and maybe even a fully patched firmware, there are other forums out there that cover TV hacking, i would suggest starting in an android dev forum.
Then you will need to learn how to configure oscam, good luck.

2stein
26-03-16, 09:47
he probably means dvb-s2...
didn't know that you can patch your tv... interesting :-)

twol
26-03-16, 11:04
he probably means dvb-s2...
didn't know that you can patch your tv... interesting :-)
Yep, there is an interesting Web site for Samsung TV,s ... but you have to be brave, its easy to trash your TV:)