PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] DVBSky USB tuner not working

lincsat
26-03-16, 00:04
Just noticed with an armchair update to the build 003, I don't have the DVBSky USB tuner available. I downloaded the driver ipk again and it's empty apart from the control file. Downgraded to a backup of build 002 and it's back again. Is there a problem with the DVBSky driver in the feeds?

maxben
26-03-16, 00:32
I have the same issue with that tuner on my Solo 4k

root@vusolo4k:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky
Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky (2.0-r6) on root.
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-si2168
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-dvbsky-m88rs6000
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-dvb-usb-dvbsky
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-dvbsky-m88ds3103
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-si2157
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-sit2fe
Configuring enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky.

Also for my other USB tuner that requires the em28xx drivers

root@vusolo4k:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx
Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx (1.0-r4) on root.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx:
* kernel-module-tda10071 * kernel-module-em28xx-dvb *
* opkg_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx.

DaMacFunkin
26-03-16, 08:50
I have the same issue with that tuner on my Solo 4k

root@vusolo4k:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky
Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky (2.0-r6) on root.
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-si2168
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-dvbsky-m88rs6000
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-dvb-usb-dvbsky
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-dvbsky-m88ds3103
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-si2157
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-sit2fe
Configuring enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky.

Also for my other USB tuner that requires the em28xx drivers

root@vusolo4k:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx
Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx (1.0-r4) on root.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx:
* kernel-module-tda10071 * kernel-module-em28xx-dvb *
* opkg_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx.

Does that tuner even have enigma2 arm support?

maxben
26-03-16, 11:48
I can only assume so as both show as available on the feeds.

This is the first time I've tried to use these tuners on the 4k as I'm re-arranging tuners to make full use of both FBC tuners so I've no idea if they even worked on the previous ViX.

I see you have a Sundtek S2 on your 4k, perhaps you can advise on the settings for that, I also have that tuner and I've tried to use that on a fairly complex setup that involves a DiseqC switch and a motorised dish but it doesn't work.

I've installed the control centre and updated drivers but it's not working for my setup, perhaps it's fine for a single LNB but not a more complex setup ?

lincsat
26-03-16, 13:56
I got the same unsatisfied recommendation message, but as mentioned, I downloaded and opened the .ipk and it was empty apart from the control file, no driver file present. I went back to 002 and it was OK, so upgraded to 003 with opkg update && upgrade - basically the same as using the software upgrade from the menu, all is OK.

I suspect the driver ipk is wrong in the feeds, can someone check that.

DaMacFunkin
26-03-16, 14:51
I can only assume so as both show as available on the feeds.

This is the first time I've tried to use these tuners on the 4k as I'm re-arranging tuners to make full use of both FBC tuners so I've no idea if they even worked on the previous ViX.

I see you have a Sundtek S2 on your 4k, perhaps you can advise on the settings for that, I also have that tuner and I've tried to use that on a fairly complex setup that involves a DiseqC switch and a motorised dish but it doesn't work.

I've installed the control centre and updated drivers but it's not working for my setup, perhaps it's fine for a single LNB but not a more complex setup ?
That is why I asked, mipsel usb drivers won't work on the solo 4k, Sundtek works with its own control centre that identifies the architecture of the box and calls for the correct driver from the sundtek server, Markus from Sundtek logged into my box and tried a few different arm drivers before writing the call command to the driver that worked the best... Good luck getting any sort if support from dvbsky, I know I've tried over the years.

DaMacFunkin
26-03-16, 14:54
Ps I recently have tried the sundtek tuner on a motorised also and it didn't work even with the correct driver so maybe it doesn't support disqec or usals.

sundtek
26-03-16, 23:32
Ps I recently have tried the sundtek tuner on a motorised also and it didn't work even with the correct driver so maybe it doesn't support disqec or usals.

Our satellite Tuners support Diseqc/USALS. Pay attention that the tuner LED stays green when you try to use the rotor.
Although since 2014 there have been 4 hardware revisions/updates, the final version has been reached in early 2016 (the last change was support for LNBs which require a higher inrush current, namely IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP inverto unicable lnb)

We have been investigating all the hardware compatibility issues/reports over the years and fixed them, since this year no compatibility issue has been reported anymore.
There are thousands of different LNB setups out there the majority always had no problem with it, however we also tracked the minority out there.

maxben
27-03-16, 00:48
Our satellite Tuners support Diseqc/USALS. Pay attention that the tuner LED stays green when you try to use the rotor.
Although since 2014 there have been 4 hardware revisions/updates, the final version has been reached in early 2016 (the last change was support for LNBs which require a higher inrush current, namely IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP inverto unicable lnb)

I purchased mine directly from yourselves on 28/1/2016 so will it be the latest hardware revision ?

sundtek
27-03-16, 05:35
I purchased mine directly from yourselves on 28/1/2016 so will it be the latest hardware revision ?

could be it's around that date that we update it the last time.
If you are using Sundtek devices you have to use the Sundtek Control Center to install our drivers all other drivers will not work with our devices.
Our driver package contains drivers for multiple devices which we have sold over the years, we design the units by ourself in Berlin so the entire electronic circuit only matches our driver of course (the drivers also won't work with non Sundtek devices of course, just as an information for those who're trying).

There's also a windows setup tool available:
http://sundtek.de/media/ssi.zip
http://sundtek.de/images/settopbox_installer_feb2014.jpg