PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] problem after update.

prose
25-03-16, 23:10
Evening guys - updated to openvix 4 earlier today and all back up and running fine, untill i tried to re-arrange my sports channels. I have always used the move function to put for example the bt sports channels together, this i can do, although button pressing is quite erratic, but when i exit then go back into sports they have reset. Any help welcome.
Openvix 4 - vu solo2 - 28.2e astra.

abu baniaz
25-03-16, 23:17
Which of the following statements are correct?

A. You are able to move channels by remote, however they they revert after ABM runs again.
B. You are unable to move the chanenls (nothing to do with ABM)?

prose
25-03-16, 23:43
thanks for replying AB
i can move the channels using the remote, but this can be erratic [eg] select channel, press down to move the highlighted channel, this jumps to top of channel list.
once channels position are set, press menu and exit move mode.
exit channel view.
press up/down for channel view - list is back to downloaded position.

DaMacFunkin
26-03-16, 08:48
This sounds like you are trying to manually rearrange channels created by ABM, you can't do this and in my experience you have never been able to do this, what you may have done in the past is start off with a list created by ABM, modified it and not run ABM again.
You need to set up a favourites file do this successfully.

prose
26-03-16, 10:11
dmac - successfully re-arranged channels many times, after every abm update and never had a problem untill updating to vix4.

Andy_Hazza
26-03-16, 10:13
dmac - successfully re-arranged channels many times, after every abm update and never had a problem untill updating to vix4.

Nope, always been the case with ABM. You either a/ had ABM not to run or b/ you had a custom made satellite file or faves.

Bazzer
26-03-16, 10:19
I tried many times to 're-arrange channels in ABM and every time ABM runs again it resets itself. You have too make your own favourites which I don't bother with. Do what Dmac says and create your own favourites .

prose
26-03-16, 11:10
AH - custom as in zzl, got it now.
NOTE TO SELF - LEAVE THE CARLING PREMIER IN THE FRIDGE WHEN FECKING ABOUT WITH GROWN UP TOYS
Thanks to all for replying

Andy_Hazza
26-03-16, 12:10
Custom zzl file is not needed now. This has been replaced by CustomRegion in providers in ABM. Make sure you are in expert mode and set "not indexed channels" to yes. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prose
26-03-16, 22:58
Evening again guys - had a few hours spare this afternoon so i have had a look round the stickies and posts. Following Huevos sticky post i have made myself a custom lcn sports xml file which seems to be working fine after updating abm numerous times.
After editing a copy of the 'example.....xml' file in notepad++ i renamed it deleting the 'example' from the filename.
I then deleted the original 'example....xml' file in usr////custom and then transferred my edited file back using DCC.
Ran abm and checked usr////custom and found abm had created another 'example...xml' file - so finally to my question - if there are any new channels will they show in my edited custom xml or only in the 'example..xml' file or both ?

abu baniaz
26-03-16, 23:16
upload the file here as an attachment

prose
26-03-16, 23:30
Have it zipped already to upload for anyone who would like to use it but cannot see the attach file button. Little help please AB

abu baniaz
26-03-16, 23:47
have a look at guide in my signature

prose
26-03-16, 23:53
will do, checked the forum faq but still no joy.

prose
26-03-16, 23:59
hope it worked AB.

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 00:03
i'll try it later.

prose
27-03-16, 00:10
OK mate.
Just to answer my question, in which file will any new channels go in.

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 00:18
OK mate.
Just to answer my question, in which file will any new channels go in.
I don't understand the question. Channels do not go to files.

Custom LCN just swaps channel numbers

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 00:32
With your custom lcn file, the bouquets are created like this. I am pasting two versions, one with the main bouquet = yes, the other not.

prose
27-03-16, 00:34
I'm sure AB you have worked out i haven't a clue what i'm doing :confused:

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 00:45
I'm sure AB you have worked out i haven't a clue what i'm doing :confused:
Actually, the opposite.

Maybe you could explain yourself differently so others can understand what you mean. Having re-read your posts several times, I finally understood that you wanted ABM to re-organise the sports channels. You have done that. Well done. You must remember the numbers are different.

prose
27-03-16, 01:16
Sorry AB if i confused you. My aim was to move the sports channels around into some sort of organised list, which i used to do using zzl abm.
It would have been nice if i still had this option but at least i have learnt something. Please don't take this as a dig as i fully appreciate the time and energy that people such as yourself put into these things.
The edited file is there for anyone who may find a use for it but please direct any questions to AB :)
Thanks again for your time AB.

abu baniaz
27-03-16, 01:36
......My aim was to move the sports channels around into some sort of organised list

You have done that.