PDA

View Full Version : Mutant HD2400 is not finding any Sat Channels.

Biot1000
25-03-16, 10:33
Hi, I just acquired a Mutant HD2400 to replace a Sab Triple Tuner. I am unable to to find any sat channels. The box is configured with 2 x DBB S2 and 2 x DBB T2. Terrestrial channels are acquired correctly. The cabling was working correctly on the SaB. I have installed a (borrowed) Technomate Nano 3T and that works as expected. I am concluding that either the box is faulty or that there is some additional configuration that I am unaware of.

I have installed OpenVix 4.0.002 (latest version), OpenVix 3.2.037 (previous version), also I have installed OpenPLI. They all manifest the same problem: no sat channels found. I have noticed that during the channel scan the front panel displays 'No Service'.

The tuner is configured as Simple/Single/28.2E Astra 2E.2F.2G/No.

Anyone have any ideas on what I am missing ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Willmoore
25-03-16, 10:48
I always follow this procedure (assumes you are in the uk)
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker. Then - configure and set providers
Set that to your custom location & run it, channel lists will be sorted then.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG -> OpenTV providers, select Sky UK OpenTV,
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG - Download now, EPG sorted for your UK requirements.

Biot1000
26-03-16, 17:29
Thanks Wilmoore,

I am in Ireland. I will try that later on today and see how it works out.
Thanks.

Biot1000
27-03-16, 16:53
OK, Your ideas worked in so far as the channel lists appeared. However none of the channels tune successfully.

I had the HD2400 up with tuner B equal to tuner A, so all of the tuning was done by tuner A. It occurred to me to disable tuner A and configure tuner B as the sole satellite tuner. It is now happily working way the Astra 28.2E channel list.

I assume that tuner A must be faulty; I will get onto the supplier about that.

Thanks again for the help.