PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] DVB-S/S2 channels broken after upgrading to 4.0

TeroN
24-03-16, 20:03
I'd appreciate any help with this!

After updating to OpenVix 4.0 (updated from Hades), all my DVB-S/S2 channels are without video and sound.
However subtitles are showing, and when doing a service search all channels are found OK.

Meanwhile all DVB-T/T2 channels are perfectly OK.

Could this somehow be an issue that is only present in Vu+ Ultimo devices? I did restore a settings backup (as suggested by the wizard) right after flashing.

Can you guys point me to any specific logfile, so I could attempt to resolve this?
Or shold I post some log file here for you experts to look at? :)

I'm completely a noob in all this so I'd be very glad to get some help.
Many thanks!

DaMacFunkin
24-03-16, 20:31
It is fine to restore settings, but not plug ins, did you choose to restore plug ins or did you notice if the restore wizard compared and restored plug ins?

TeroN
24-03-16, 20:35
It is fine to restore settings, but not plug ins, did you choose to restore plug ins or did you notice if the restore wizard compared and restored plug ins?

Hmm I don't remember seeing anything about plug-ins. My common sense tells me plug-ins can't cause this sort of low-level issue... but what do I know :)

DaMacFunkin
24-03-16, 20:41
Well I have 3 boxes and during this particular round of updates one of my boxes restored the softcam which then although installed wouldn't run, I had to uninstall it and reinstall it from the feeds, try this if you think it could be your problem.

twol
24-03-16, 20:45
Well I have 3 boxes and during this particular round of updates one of my boxes restored the softcam which then although installed wouldn't run, I had to uninstall it and reinstall it from the feeds, try this if you think it could be your problem.

Which is why i stop the softcam being saved during a settings backup ... I prefer to install from the feeds every time ..... Its safer and ensures that I have the right softcam version.

TeroN
24-03-16, 22:03
Also Samba isn't working. Found this in crashlog:
< 270.500> [eBatch] retval=0, cmds left=0, data:
Starting Samba: smbd nmbd.
< 270.501>
< 273.662> [eMainloop::processOneEvent] unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 70(16)
< 273.820> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 18f 1
< 273.822> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 399 GREEN
< 273.823> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 18f 1
< 273.825> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 399 GREEN
< 273.826> [ActionMap] ColorActions green
< 273.827> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
< 273.829> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 ae 1
< 273.833> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 174 EXIT
< 273.839> [ActionMap] WizardActions back
< 273.920> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 ae 1
< 273.922> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 174 EXIT
< 273.934> [Task] job Components.Task.Job name=SoftcamCheck #tasks=1 completed with [] in None

Starting to look like I'll do a rollback and flash my box back to Hades version...

birdman
24-03-16, 22:30
It is fine to restore settings, but not plug ins...Reading this made me wonder why this is the case.
All a backup does for plugins is store the list of installed packages, so restoring packages just downloads a set of packages, which is all that you do when adding them back "by hand".
So I wonder why you "can't" restore packages?

abu baniaz
24-03-16, 22:45
Reading this made me wonder why this is the case.
All a backup does for plugins is store the list of installed packages, so restoring packages just downloads a set of packages, which is all that you do when adding them back "by hand".
So I wonder why you "can't" restore packages?

The way it was explained to me, and if I understood correctly, was that the child modules are also listed. And these sometimes change.

I suppose, if the actual plugins, and not their dependencies are listed, then surely that resolves the issue as restoring plugins will re-install them based on the dependencies relevant to the image/version/kernel.

DaMacFunkin
25-03-16, 09:53
Which is why i stop the softcam being saved during a settings backup ... I prefer to install from the feeds every time ..... Its safer and ensures that I have the right softcam version.

Yes I understand what you are saying and it didn't quite happen like that it's a bit long winded as to how it happened on my solo4k but the way I understand it is during a plug-in restore especially for 'Oscam-latest' the newest one in the feed should be presented and installed... Anyway in other images you get the option to do just a settings backup and/or a system back up with only the essentials backed up in a settings, I think this would be a great addition to the vix image and would prevent some problems with some boxes.

Willmoore
25-03-16, 10:27
Also Samba isn't working. Found this in crashlog:
< 270.500> [eBatch] retval=0, cmds left=0, data:
Starting Samba: smbd nmbd.
< 270.501>
< 273.662> [eMainloop::processOneEvent] unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 70(16)
< 273.820> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 18f 1
< 273.822> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 399 GREEN
< 273.823> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 18f 1
< 273.825> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 399 GREEN
< 273.826> [ActionMap] ColorActions green
< 273.827> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
< 273.829> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 ae 1
< 273.833> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 174 EXIT
< 273.839> [ActionMap] WizardActions back
< 273.920> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 ae 1
< 273.922> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 174 EXIT
< 273.934> [Task] job Components.Task.Job name=SoftcamCheck #tasks=1 completed with [] in None

Starting to look like I'll do a rollback and flash my box back to Hades version...
Samba is no longer installed by default - you have to enable it via.... menu>setup>system>network

twol
25-03-16, 11:20
Yes I understand what you are saying and it didn't quite happen like that it's a bit long winded as to how it happened on my solo4k but the way I understand it is during a plug-in restore especially for 'Oscam-latest' the newest one in the feed should be presented and installed... Anyway in other images you get the option to do just a settings backup and/or a system back up with only the essentials backed up in a settings, I think this would be a great addition to the vix image and would prevent some problems with some boxes.

It would be neat (especially as BackupManager builds a plugins list for opkg to load them back in) to list and allow you to select from that list .. at least you could then see what you had installed:) ... but obviously not high priority

Regarding plugin restore ... when I say don't install, I don' expect the softcam(s) to be installed either .... but they are unless I uncheck usr/softcams (set as default):)

bbbuk
25-03-16, 11:25
Reading this made me wonder why this is the case.
So I wonder why you "can't" restore packages?Good point. I've just looked at the contents of a backup and no actual plugins are saved in my backup, rather just the name are. In fact, I think image backup just runs "opkg list-installed" and this is saved in backup.

Therefore, i'm assuming a restore of backup would just re-install these plugins via opkg (ie similar to adding them back via plugins menu).

I don't have anything installed that isn't available from feeds so not sure what would happen about a plugin not available from feeds!

twol
25-03-16, 11:28
Good point. I've just looked at the contents of a backup and no actual plugins are saved in my backup, rather just the name are. In fact, I think image backup just runs "opkg list-installed" and this is saved in backup.

Therefore, i'm assuming a restore of backup would just re-install these plugins via opkg (ie similar to adding them back via plugins menu).

I don't have anything installed that isn't available from feeds so not sure what would happen about a plugin not available from feeds!
Unless you tell BackupManager that you have non feed ipk's stored on for example a usb stick, it will not be able to load ..... however if you do it will attempt to also install from the usb stick or wherever:)

TeroN
25-03-16, 13:06
Samba is no longer installed by default - you have to enable it via.... menu>setup>system>network

Yes, I installed Samba and it's not starting. Also DBV-S/S2 channels still not working...

TeroN
25-03-16, 13:30
I downgraded back to Hades using the image backup I luckily took just before the update.
Now DVB-S/S2 channels are working again.

I think I'll wait a couple of months before attempting another update...

twol
25-03-16, 13:30
I would clean install(again), but do not restore anything:) then use the wizard to do an initial Satellite scan.
When finished you won,t have any bouquets but either use the tv button or up cursor to get you to the screen, then choose satellite and select eg BBC1 and see if it plays correctly.
If ok run abm and you should then be on the road to recover :)

Sicilian
25-03-16, 13:34
I've four boxes setup with openvix 4.0, no such issue. Do a complete fresh flash and setup with no restorers. Do not restore any old channel lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
25-03-16, 14:02
Softcams have a 'special' place in the backup manager. By default the files are being backed up, so a settings restore without plugin restore will also restore the softcams. But they have not been installed, so OPKG doesn't know about them being present; meaning they can be installed from the feeds.

If you don't want this, you can de-select the softcamfiles in the menu of the backup manager.

IAmATeaf
25-03-16, 15:22
I did a couch flash with a settings restore and both my sat and cable tuner channels are clearing with no issues.

lincsat
25-03-16, 15:34
Do the FTA satellite channels work or is it just the encrypted ones, that would identify if it's a softcam issue.