PDA

View Full Version : sky skin

petehill
24-03-16, 19:11
I have just upgraded to openvix 4.0 unfortunately I lost everything and had to do a clean install. I cannot find the sky skin in the skinplugins anywhere. also in the picon section its completely different I have no clue which one to choose.

Willmoore
24-03-16, 19:43
It's there - Openvix blue hd

petehill
24-03-16, 20:18
cheers .. is it openvix-youvix-blue ??

Willmoore
24-03-16, 20:25
No, its not you-vix blue. Although you-vix blue and confluence are far better skins than the Sky lookalike. Especially when matched with MK Picons - found here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/picons-channel-icons/

podick
03-08-16, 14:29
New user here, so once downloaded the picons how do i get them into the box? and set them to work?:confused:

Andy_Hazza
03-08-16, 14:36
Make sure all the picons are in a folder called "picon" and transfer either to a usb or to the root (flash memory).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

podick
03-08-16, 15:00
ok, beginner here, so i have downloaded 2 files Bouquet List Picons 400x240 by MK 20150619, and also AB 28.2_Sports Red Button.
do these both go into a file called picons and then put the file into root (flash memory) just wrote that and even dont know but will try and do this?
Fingers crossed

podick
03-08-16, 15:07
im using Vu + control centre and i'm connected to my box but struggling to find flash memory or where to drop the folder in?
i guess there are a lot of users frustrated with me but i really dont have a clue but wanting to know so all i can say is thank you and will defo donate next pay day

Willmoore
03-08-16, 16:43
Unzip MK picons to file called picon not picons. Transfer file via FZ to media/hdd you will now have a path media/hdd/picon
To enable picons -
Menu/set up/system/epg/graphical infobar EPG settings/Service title mode SET TO picon and service name
Menu/Set up/graphical epg settings/service title mode/ SET TO picon and service name

Restart gui if need be.

Andy_Hazza
03-08-16, 18:25
HDD not recommended.

Willmoore
03-08-16, 18:37
HDD not recommended.

Yes your correct Andy - you should put the picons on a stick - it should then be /media/usb/picon.
I've been setting up an Edision today and the usb is shown as hdd and it was that path i was looking at.

Larry-G
03-08-16, 18:44
Yes your correct Andy - you should put the picons on a stick - it should then be /media/usb/picon.
I've been setting up an Edision today and the usb is shown as hdd and it was that path i was looking at.
Actually picons can happily go to the receivers internal flash memory where the receiver has sufficient. Epg data on the other hand is always best stored on a USB stick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk