PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] EPG not automatically downloading

amir96
24-03-16, 15:38
Hello. I followed the tutorial to get the epg downloaded daily, set it for 4am before my daily channel list update but nothing happens. Using 28.2e autoboquets if that makes a difference. If i manually download epg then it works for a week but wont do it automatically. Any help appreciated. Thanks

amir96
24-03-16, 20:55
Anyone got any suggestions? :confused:

Bazzer
24-03-16, 21:15
Can you post your settings for EPG

amir96
24-03-16, 22:03
Can you post your settings for EPG

Media/hdd

Photos with settings attached. Thanks

Bazzer
24-03-16, 22:53
Not sure about the Et boxes but I have my location saved to usb not sure if this would help you or not someone with the same box might be able to help

Bangord30
24-03-16, 23:00
Enable cvs import is recommended to yes I'm sure but can't mind why ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

judge
24-03-16, 23:52
Impossible to read settings from those pics.
Please use proper screenshots.

Are you sure the device you save EPG to is mounted correctly?
Blue button -> ViX -> Mount Manager.

amir96
25-03-16, 01:46
Impossible to read settings from those pics.

Are you sure the device you save EPG to is mounted correctly?
Blue button -> ViX -> Mount Manager.
[QUOTE=judge;396402]Impossible to read settings from those pics.

Epg location - media/hdd
Filename - epg
Auto refresh - no
Auto save - no
Show EIT now/next - yes
Enable EIT EPG - yes
Enable MHW EPG - no
Enbale free sat epg - yes
Enable viasat epg - yes
Enable netmed epg - yes
Enable virgin epg - yes
Maintain old epg data for - 0

Cross epg setup:
Enable csv import - no
Schedule downlod - once a day
Download at - 6am
Show as plugin/extension - yes

Cross epg opentv providers:
Sky UK - green tick

Yes just checked it is mounted correctly.

amir96
25-03-16, 13:37
Thanks to 2 other suggestions but it is already set to media/hdd which is the correct one and i have tried enbaling csv import in the past

ja5
25-03-16, 13:48
so a manual scan works fine, so if you change the time so you can watch and see if there is a error message.

amir96
26-03-16, 18:05
so a manual scan works fine, so if you change the time so you can watch and see if there is a error message.

A popup appears saying your epg is about to update do you want to allow this? And then it updates no problem :confused: dunno why this doesnt just happen during the night too...

abu baniaz
26-03-16, 20:05
How many tuners do you have?

For each tuner dscribe what is connected to it, any splitters, jucntion boxes etc. If you have two tuners, list them separately.
For each tuner, describe what you have configured it as in tuner configucartion. Separate response for each tuner.

Do you have any other processes at the same time as EPG is set to download?

ja5
26-03-16, 20:44
A popup appears saying your epg is about to update do you want to allow this? And then it updates no problem :confused: dunno why this doesnt just happen during the night too...

well least you know it works, maybe try a different time so you can see it a few times and if fine leave it. If it doesnt then i would guess you would list the items abu baniaz suggested :thumbsup:

amir96
26-03-16, 23:19
How many tuners do you have?

For each tuner dscribe what is connected to it, any splitters, jucntion boxes etc. If you have two tuners, list them separately.
For each tuner, describe what you have configured it as in tuner configucartion. Separate response for each tuner.

Do you have any other processes at the same time as EPG is set to download?

I have 2 tuners. Both just have satellite cables connected to them and thats it.
Tuner A and B both simple configuration 28.2

No the only other automatic thing i have is channel list update which works fine and is set 2 hours before i have scheduled epg update

amir96
29-03-16, 19:39
Can i give any other details that might help? I see an EPG refresh plugin. Should i be using that?

abu baniaz
29-03-16, 22:44
Can i give any other details that might help? I see an EPG refresh plugin. Should i be using that?
For the UK, EPG refresh will only assist in zapping to acquire data for the DVB-T and DVB-C. (Freesat too, but that channel is subdued and you wont be able to use it).

Conduct following two tests:

Test 1.
Disable tuner B. Run Cross EPG downloader. Does it succeed?

Test 2.
Disable tuner A. Reconfigure tuner A. Run Cross EPG downloader. Does it succeed?

amir96
31-03-16, 17:13
For the UK, EPG refresh will only assist in zapping to acquire data for the DVB-T and DVB-C. (Freesat too, but that channel is subdued and you wont be able to use it).

Conduct following two tests:

Test 1.
Disable tuner B. Run Cross EPG downloader. Does it succeed?

Test 2.
Disable tuner A. Reconfigure tuner A. Run Cross EPG downloader. Does it succeed?

Just to be clear, if i manually run crossepg it works fine for 7 days but my
Problem is for some reason it wont auto download at the time i set it to.

abu baniaz
31-03-16, 17:34
Just to be clear, run the tests.

Which tuner gets used depends on what is going on. If there is no recording/viewing taking place, one tuner gets used. Otherwise the other. Subject to no changes to preferred tuner settings.

If you knew what the problem was, how to confirm it, and how to fix it, you would have done it already. As this is not the case, is it not in your benefit to try what people ask you to test and answer the questions asked of you? You did not answer the question about the cabling to your dish properly either. I asked if you had two cables direct to the dish. Reason for asking is some people split the cables, others loop out from another receiver.

amir96
31-03-16, 20:12
Ok, wasnt intentionally being rude at all just realised i didnt read your message properly and thought you might think crossepg is not working at all, if it seemed rude i apologise.
I appreciate everyones replies. Yes the two cables are direct to the dish.

Test 1 - Succeeded
Test 2 - Succeeded

abu baniaz
31-03-16, 20:42
That rules out signal issues.

Can you enable debug logs. Reboot will be required to enable them. Schedule a cross EPG download in a few minutes. After the failure, upload the debug logs (attach them please). Default location is /home/root/logs/

ja5
31-03-16, 21:23
Ok, wasnt intentionally being rude at all just realised i didnt read your message properly and thought you might think crossepg is not working at all, if it seemed rude i apologise.
I appreciate everyones replies. Yes the two cables are direct to the dish.

Test 1 - Succeeded
Test 2 - Succeeded

So no matter what time you set it to it still fails?? i wondering if its waiting for hdd to spin up ? Im guessing but maybe access the hdd few minutes before the time event, Tbh i use usb and never tried hdd.