PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Can't restore setting back-up

GAH2402
24-03-16, 15:23
Hi,

Trying to upgrade to Vix 4.0, but for some reason it won't let me restore my settings back-up entitled "openvix-gbquad-release-3.2.037-2016-03-04_16-18.tar.gz" When I try to restore, either from the opening wizard or from the blue button and Vix menu, I get an error stating "Sorry, but the file is not compatible with this image version". I know it's a new release, but we should be able to use a settings back-up.

Does anyone had any ideas?

MrKappa
24-03-16, 19:19
No idea, sorry. I just like to inform you that I just updated to the new Vix 4.0 and setting restore was working fine. I may suppose that something wrong happened during the setting backup. May you try to restore previous image, backup again and flash the new image?

minesh
24-03-16, 19:30
I have the same problem, with a vu solo se v2 box. i have around 6 backups on my hard drive but it didn't prompt me to restore after flashing the box

Regards

fixed, just needed the press and hold standby button, restart box, once booted go to vix menu and back manager, restore. Done!!

GAH2402
24-03-16, 21:00
Hi,

Thank for the replies.

MrKappa was correct, something wrong with the backup. I flashed an earlier version (Build O35), did another backup, and that one restored in Vix 4.0 no problem!