PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] VİX 4.0 for GB800SE

girginoz
24-03-16, 11:13
Hi friends,
I can't find any 4.0 image for my GB800se. Is it the end of the road for my box?

tanoc
24-03-16, 12:06
i'm waiting it too! please share!!

girginoz
24-03-16, 12:10
In fact there is no new image for Gigablue solo/SE/Quad. Have we missed any thread about exceptions?

girginoz
24-03-16, 16:30
In fact there is no new image for Gigablue solo/SE/Quad. Have we missed any thread about exceptions?

Sorry, Quad has 4.0 but UE has not.

girginoz
24-03-16, 18:34
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50908-maram9-(odinm9)&p=396314&viewfull=1#post396314
@Huevos says there is no 4.0 support for 333MHz STBs.
Goodbye till i have a better box, if i can.

manicscrewdriver
24-03-16, 19:50
Thats a shame, but i understand the reasoning behind the decision. There are lots of current images still available for the 800Se compiled by other image teams so all is not lost just yet :D As good as VIX is it certainly isn't the only good image available for it. I'm sure you will find one you like if you decide not to persevere with an older version of VIX.

I only got shut of my old 800se because it started to fail, probably due to its age. It was definitely one of the better receivers i have had. It certainly didn't cause me as many issues as the Xtrend ET9500 i purchased to replace it :(

girginoz
24-03-16, 20:28
Thanks for your kind reply.
i don't say mine is the best but i can't afford another box now.
i know other team images but vix was my favorite.
i always use the latest so i'll have to choose one unfortunately.
Openmips: cant use other skins u like.
RSI: no blindscan
ATV is the only alternative i think, the rest having problems.

twol
24-03-16, 20:41
Thanks for your kind reply.
i don't say mine is the best but i can't afford another box now.
i know other team images but vix was my favorite.
i always use the latest so i'll have to choose one unfortunately.
Openmips: cant use other skins u like.
RSI: no blindscan
ATV is the only alternative i think, the rest having problems.
... or you build your own ViX image

Huevos
24-03-16, 22:11
Hi friends,
I can't find any 4.0 image for my GB800se. Is it the end of the road for my box?Please see the "Notes" section of the release thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50870-OpenViX-4-0-Release-thread

manicscrewdriver
24-03-16, 22:20

There is that option if you know how to do it, or have the time to do it.

There are plenty of other images. One of my favorites was OpenLD which worked really well on the Gigablue. There is also Zebradem, OpenRSi, Powerboard Enigma, OpenHDF, Opendroid, Openspa to name a few.

Its just a case of finding an image you like and get on with. I think VIX is a great image but the fact that it is no longer supported on your receiver shouldn't mean that you still cant enjoy using that receiver.

I know most people harp on about OpenATV, but its not an image that floats my boat. Everything is in the wrong place for my liking. Give OpenLD a go, I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

girginoz
24-03-16, 23:05
its like writing a book before reading it but i lack inspiration.

Please see the "Notes" section of the release thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50870-OpenViX-4-0-Release-thread
Yes, NOW its there

Huevos
24-03-16, 23:07
There is that option if you know how to do itAnyone who needs help just needs to start a thread.

girginoz
28-03-16, 10:11
OpenATV new 5.3 covers my box.
Thanks to everybody and staff for hospitality and endurance