PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to new new image and Dream Plex causes crash

Prioryman
23-03-16, 20:32
This afternoon I installed Openvix 4 0 002 Release Mbmicro Usb and then installed DreamPlex and every time I start a movie or TV show its crashes. I have installed older version and it's fine. Any ideas please.

twol
23-03-16, 20:39
I may be wrong, but I think this was listed in one of the issues for V4

Sicilian
23-03-16, 20:43
Dreamplex ok here, did u restore settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prioryman
23-03-16, 20:52
Nope no restore fresh image from scratch. Just tried again and the same thing.

Sicilian
23-03-16, 20:56
How are u detecting plex server?

Prioryman
23-03-16, 21:01
I'm connecting via my.plexapp.com as I have always done. This is the first time I have had a problem. I can connect to Plex server and see the list of movies and TV Shows. When I pick one it starts to buffer then crashes out and I have to reboot by switching of power and back on.

Sicilian
23-03-16, 21:22
Is it local server? Have you tried blue button discover?

Prioryman
23-03-16, 21:38
Is it local server? Have you tried blue button discover?

No it's a remote server. I have flashed back to openvix-3.2.037.release-mbmicro_usb and installed dreamplex and it works perfect, but when installing new up to date image it fails.

Sicilian
23-03-16, 21:39
Report here please with the crashlog

https://github.com/DonDavici/DreamPlex/issues

Prioryman
23-03-16, 21:57
Report here please with the crashlog

https://github.com/DonDavici/DreamPlex/issues

I will, but doubt he will reply and if old VIX image works, but new fails got to be in the new image. I will stick with old image for now. Thanks for you help.

Sicilian
23-03-16, 22:05
I will, but doubt he will reply and if old VIX image works, but new fails got to be in the new image. I will stick with old image for now. Thanks for you help.

Are you 100% sure you never restored old settings backup?

Prioryman
23-03-16, 23:23
Are you 100% sure you never restored old settings backup?

100% clean install.

twol
24-03-16, 07:38
Hate to interrupt again, but the OpenVix 4.0 release thread says under known issues "some users in certain setups may experence issues with Dreamplex"
Maybe this is one of the setups? Perhaps clarification of the known issues would help?

Sicilian
24-03-16, 10:05
Hate to interrupt again, but the OpenVix 4.0 release thread says under known issues "some users in certain setups may experence issues with Dreamplex"
Maybe this is one of the setups? Perhaps clarification of the known issues would help?

Yes, I've seen the Op's issue reported before, but I've never been able to replicate.

Prioryman
24-03-16, 11:37
Well, I'm currently reinstalling Ver4 with new USB hard drive attached, so virgen install. Will come back later when complete as cannot see why it works on old version. Fingers crossed.

Prioryman
25-03-16, 17:27
Well, after spending all day yesterday trying to get DreamPlex working and failed I have gone back to Ver 3 (last update) as it is running sweet. I know Andy puts loads of time into getting the image working, so I'm sure a few updates from now I will be having another go. Now I'm happy as is.