PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Re Memory Size & Plug Ins

frankblueking
23-03-16, 20:01
Hi guys Looking forward to installing 4.0 but need to do some research first. Two questions 1) I note that it is USB install with settings restore BUT not Plugins. When installing 4.0 are any plugins installed with the image or is it install all Plugins from new? I'll be honest and admit I'm not sure what I have installed now but have seen the post on how to find out!! 2) I note the odd comment on some "memory limited" boxes having problems when using OpenTV EPG, where does my Vu+ Ultimo fit into the league table? I bought the box from our official site some 4 years ago and have been very pleased with its' performance. I do have a swap file set anyway. Thanks in anticipation.

PS If this is in the wrong place please move, I tried to find a similar thread that covered my points. :confused::confused:

Huevos
23-03-16, 20:33
Make a backup image of 3.2. Then flash 4.0. Ultimo will work fine on 4.0.

frankblueking
24-03-16, 12:33
Hi Huevos Do you know if any Plugins are installed automatically with the new image?

twol
24-03-16, 14:00
Compared to say Openpli lots of plugins are installed as part of the Vix image, depends on what you are looking for?

Bazzer
24-03-16, 14:21
The only ones that are installed with new image and no plugins restore are , Media scanner,Multi transcoding Setup,OpenWebif,Picture player and XMLTV-Importer. The rest you have to download and install yourself :thumbsup:

frankblueking
24-03-16, 15:54
Thanks guys. I upgraded and then checked which plugins installed, I now know what else to install. I did note that XMLTVImport appears to have installed twice!! Thanks again.

Rob van der Does
24-03-16, 16:28
I did note that XMLTVImport appears to have installed twice!!
That is not possible.
However: the plugin comes in two parts: one is the actual plugin, the other provides the sources.

frankblueking
24-03-16, 20:56
Hmm. I have checked the two "buttons" in my Plugin Menu and clicking each takes me to the same page "XMLTV Import Configuration" Panel. I can't see a difference so I uninstalled and the reinstalled, I still see two links to the XMLTV Configuration Panel. Strange!! Any thoughts? :confused::confused::confused: