PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Mkv playback

IAmATeaf
23-03-16, 14:11
I know full well the issues that can occur with mkv files and in most cases a quick transcode has always resolved the issue but I have a video that does the strangest of things and I can't see what is different when compared to one that works. The video and audio both stutter, so the picture pulses on the TV and the media player bar stays permanently on the screen. Box as a result becomes slow to respond but pressing stop eventually will stop the video.

I've checked to make sure it's and 8bit video and everything else looks the same according to mediainfo.

This occurs on both image 037 and 002 that I've just flashed too.

IAmATeaf
24-03-16, 12:57
Can't edit the above post but I've found out that the cause is the actual Audio within the MKV. If I strip out the Audio the Video track then plays fine.

Looking into what is so special/strange about the Audio track.

Andy_Hazza
24-03-16, 14:14
I find using tsMuxer (freeshare) and remuxing the mkv to m2ts works everytime for me. Only takes a few minutes to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf
25-03-16, 15:03
I've converted the DTS audio to AC3 and added it to the mkv as the default track but with the DTS track as a 2nd track but whenever I play it the box always defaults to using the DTS track. Can't see why this is happening, is ViX set to give DTS priority?

Photovoltaic
24-04-16, 19:36
I had a similar issue - exact same symptoms that you describe, but I even went so far as to transcode the Audio from 5.1 AC-3 to 2.0 AAC and it STILL stuttered like that - I was beginning to wonder if it was a Cinavia-like system or something.

IAmATeaf
25-04-16, 20:20
I did a whole host of things but in the end had to remove the DTS sound track as the MKV would always default to DTS if the track was there even as a 2nd track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk