PDA

View Full Version : No kodi update on Vix 4.0

mskhan01
22-03-16, 23:29
Unfortunately our brilliant Vix team decided not to include updated kodi in their Vix 4.0, which is a real disappointment.I can understand they probably didn't want to take extra responsibility of maintaining a third party app on their image? I am surprised how other developers are doing it for their concerning images & specially vix backup images?
I am very happy with my Vix image but only wished if kodi had been updated to make full use of my box.
I think way forward for people like myself will be to live with vix backup image for now........:confused:

abu baniaz
22-03-16, 23:56
How did you reach the conclusion that a decison was made to not include it?

Replacing and overwriting files is one thing. Installing files is another. Compiling/building files along with other files without having a clash with other files including dependencies is a different thing altogether.

mskhan01
23-03-16, 00:06
How did you reach the conclusion that a decison was made to not include it?

my concern about ffmpeg may be wrong, might not be needed at all
i will test tonight

I guess I got the wrong impression there?

Bazzer
23-03-16, 00:27
If people want kodi on there box then I can't see a problem with using vix backup image. I use my Mutant for what it is supposed to be used for , there are vast amounts of equipment to view kodi and I have a Firestick for that purpose .Don't let's get bogged down with stuff and expect mods and others to keep kodi up to date. I ain't having a go at people wanting kodi on there box but for the sake of a few quid I would rather my Mutant do what it was built for. :thumbsup:

casuk
23-03-16, 14:34
If you want kodi you should go for a fire stick or android box I used to use kodi, tsmedia on Linux but can be hit of miss at times with the fire stick it works well, for me I didn't buy my receiver for kodi,

mskhan01
23-03-16, 16:04
I appreciate all the suggestions advising me to buy a stick or an android box etc, but you are missing the point.Will you advise me to buy an antena, a free view box as well as an enigma box because they all work a bit differently & I shouldn't expect all these functions to be combined in one box & should only use my box for satellite channels only? I don't think so? If my box is capable of running an updated kodi software which will save me from having an extra hardware then why not ?As it has been done by openSpa, openATV.
I know some of you will be telling me to use them instead of vix but it is a matter of my choice.

rossi2000
23-03-16, 16:10
fair enough

wait for your vix 4.0 backup.

mskhan01
23-03-16, 16:49
fair enough

wait for your vix 4.0 backup.

Looking forward to it, can't wait for it to be released......best of both Worlds

Sicilian
23-03-16, 17:41
Or learn to compile it yourself instead of looking to be spoon fed [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casuk
23-03-16, 18:49
I appreciate all the suggestions advising me to buy a stick or an android box etc, but you are missing the point.Will you advise me to buy an antena, a free view box as well as an enigma box because they all work a bit differently & I shouldn't expect all these functions to be combined in one box & should only use my box for satellite channels only? I don't think so? If my box is capable of running an updated kodi software which will save me from having an extra hardware then why not ?As it has been done by openSpa, openATV.
I know some of you will be telling me to use them instead of vix but it is a matter of my choice.

I think along the same lines, I have an et10k thinking I have the hardware to run kodi but there's just to much changing of images update ect to be stable 100% of the time so I bit the bullet and bought a fire stick just for kodi and I'm glad I did, it would be great to have all my media watching needs in one box and at time that's what iv had, but now that I'm using kodi more and more I want it to work when I want to watch stuff without messing around, hence the fire stick in fact if you want everything in one box buy a fire stick it has everything you need even sly

Sicilian
23-03-16, 18:52
if you want everything in one box buy a fire stick it has everything you need even sly

PMSL! So a Firestick works like your ET10000 as a satellite TV PVR with Autotimers, AutobouquetsMaker, timeshift, need I go on.... think not...

casuk
23-03-16, 18:54
Not exactly but I can watch all the same content on the fire stick plex, Netflix, prime ect, for tv recording ect I use my receiver the reason I bought it for, just like I bought the fire stick for, kodi and streaming

Sicilian
23-03-16, 19:10
Not exactly but I can watch all the same content on the fire stick plex, Netflix, prime ect, for tv recording ect I use my receiver the reason I bought it for, just like I bought the fire stick for, kodi and streaming

Thats my point, there is no device out there that can fully do both. No Enigma 2 Kodi plugin is never going to fully work.

mskhan01
23-03-16, 19:29

I am not here to disrespect the hard work vix team has been putting into these images, I was simply trying to encourage them to consider it for any future updates of vix.I wish I had the skills like yours then I wouldn't be asking here anyway.Once again big thanks to all of you who contributed. I have got my answer & I won't be asking you again about it.

DaMacFunkin
23-03-16, 20:40
If you want kodi you should go for a fire stick or android box I used to use kodi, tsmedia on Linux but can be hit of miss at times with the fire stick it works well, for me I didn't buy my receiver for kodi,

Don't!!! Everyone knows the best way to run kodi with its full features is not in Android and yes that includes fire sticks, even the kodi devs are having right royal bust ups over kodi on android, android was never intended to be a media OS, the patches, workarounds and fudges and lack of basic features in the android api make it a total dog, run it in windows or Linux, at least refresh rate switching and bitstream audio work.

Sicilian
23-03-16, 20:43
Windows Nuc all the way for me [emoji3]

bbbuk
23-03-16, 21:05
Do I take it that Vix isn't currently looking at supporting/incorporating Kodi then?

twol
23-03-16, 21:12
Do I take it that Vix isn't currently looking at supporting/incorporating Kodi then?
Well I have only ever seen image mods for Kodi on Vu+, Mut@nt and Wetek, so its a pretty exclusive group of receivers, and a limited number of developers to do any changes..... so if you are expecting it across the board I would think you are going to be disappointed even if the drivers could be made available ... but ..........

Sicilian
23-03-16, 21:21

A lot of work has already gone on in the background. If it happens it will posted.

abu baniaz
23-03-16, 21:52
The "are we there yet" posts won't make things happen any faster.

As said before, best for the installation package to be made available.

ArowonA
24-03-16, 01:31

Any details on where to get started with this? I'm happy to compile things myself but never found out how to compile your stuff or create a build environment :)

gabs888
24-03-16, 02:20
IPTV player E2 plugin works great and does most of what people want Kodi for.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

rossi2000
24-03-16, 14:32
i bought an nvidia shield for kodi.
works a treat, 4k + HD-Audio. (lovely)

stuff.hunter
31-03-16, 11:09
i bought an nvidia shield for kodi.
works a treat, 4k + HD-Audio. (lovely)

similar here, got dirt cheap mac mini to run Kodi / Showbox / UKTVNow on it :) to change from my Vu+ it takes only one button on remote