PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] List of installed plugins

birdman
22-03-16, 22:17
For the update to 4.0 you can't do a plugin restore, so you might wish to know what you have added in the past, so you can do the same in the future.

Before you update, login to the system, cd to somewhere on your USB or hard-drive (i.e.not on the system flash, as that's about to get overwritten) and run:
opkg list-installed > my_packages
That my_packages file will contain all of the installed packages (and hence plugins) and can then be used to compare with what you end up with later.

largeportion
25-07-16, 21:43
Sorry to appear ignorant but could you clarify the meaning of
"Log on to system" (is this using for instance Filezlla to the host)
"CD" (is this copy data) if so which data?
Lastly how do I use the code exactly to open what?
Thanks in advance

birdman
26-07-16, 01:20
Sorry to appear ignorant but could you clarify the meaning of
"Log on to system" (is this using for instance Filezlla to the host)No - Filezilla is just connecting a browser to the file system.
You'd connect using telnet (or ssh), either of which could be done with PuTTy. You'll end up at a Linux command-line prompt.

"CD" (is this copy data) if so which data?No - it's a Unix/Linux command (stands for change directory). It's also case-sensitive, so really is cd not CD.

Lastly how do I use the code exactly to open what?If you aren't used to/comfortable with a Unix/Linux command-line then you probably can't do any of this.

largeportion
04-08-16, 21:50
Just while you mention "Putty" at this time I have successfully connected to my box with the IP address port 23. Highlighting Telnet and Never at bottom. After typing "root"connection made and then I'm trying to copy/paste a file ending .sh and it won't let me paste at the green curser. Any reason why this is happing.
Thanks

largeportion
05-08-16, 00:10
Just while you mention "Putty" at this time I have successfully connected to my box with the IP address port 23. Highlighting Telnet and Never at bottom. After typing "root"connection made and then I'm trying to copy/paste a file ending .sh and it won't let me paste at the green curser. Any reason why this is happing.
Thanks

As you where, I was not copying the whole of the text just the file ending .sh. Problem solved.

abu baniaz
23-01-17, 01:07
Here is a python script by Huevos

Download the file, unzip/extract it
Transfer to "pluginslist.py" the /tmp directory of your receiver
Using Putty or your chosen terminal client. Issue the following commands one by one

cd /tmp
python pluginslist.py

You will then have a file in the /tmp directory. If you do not see it, refresh the view. Transfer the "ExtraInstalledPlugins_YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.zip" file to your PC and extract/unzip it.The text file will list items installed by the user. As an example

dvbsnoop
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-it913x
enigma2-plugin-drivers-exfat
enigma2-plugin-drivers-ntfs-3g
enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-1080
enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-latest
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satelliteequipmentcontrol

When you flash your new image, you can re-install them by issuing following commands

opkg install dvbsnoop
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-it913x
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-exfat
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-ntfs-3g
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets
opkg install enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-1080
opkg install enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-latest
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satelliteequipmentcontrol

Guide to Putty if you need it
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

Valiant
23-01-17, 11:18
Here is a python script by Huevos

I can't see the script - has it slithered off somewhere? :D