PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Viewing Picture + OSD on PC

TedB
22-03-16, 14:53
Using Webif I can use the pseudo remote to bring up OSDs such as the movie list or image information, and I can stream the video + audio either at full resolution or transcoded and watch it on my (Windows) PC. However the OSD does not appear on the streamed version so I have to go to another room & switch on the TV to see the impact of using many aspects of the pseudo remote control.

Is there any (simple/cheap) way of remotely monitoring (using my PC) what is actually being put out on the HDMI output to the TV?

Trial
22-03-16, 16:16
Hi,
no. The OSD is generated separatly to the video image and then combined and send to HDMI. There is no possibility to stream the combined image. You could use a SlngBox or perhaps a game recorder but this is not a cheap solution.

ciao

2stein
22-03-16, 16:25
you can activate screenshot in webif. with that you can see the osd after each click on the webif rc.

TedB
22-03-16, 17:51
you can activate screenshot in webif. with that you can see the osd after each click on the webif rc.Many thanks for that idea, 2stein. Selecting "refresh automatically every 1 second" for screenshots gives a 1 fps version of what I want & so is a bit crude, but looks good enough to enable me to tweak the Enigma/OpenVix operation without having to use the TV and get in the way of family live TV viewing.

Incidentally "refresh automatically every 0 second" seems to be a valid selection, and my impression is that the update rate may be slightly faster but I haven't tested it properly.

abu baniaz
22-03-16, 18:26
When you use the webif remote, a screenshot is generated automatically.

TedB
22-03-16, 18:47
When you use the webif remote, a screenshot is generated automatically. provided you check the associated checkbox!

However I was concerned that there might be situations where the screenshot was taken before the relevant action had been completed

2stein
22-03-16, 18:49
valid concern... this can happen... in that case you have to refresh the screenshot manually.

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 19:15
But that only happens when the chosen action takes a long time.