PDA

View Full Version : Auto sorting recordings into folders?

yorkshirepudding
20-03-16, 22:06
Hi all. I got my Mut@nt HD2400 with Openvix installed a couple of weeks ago and have been very happy with it. Slowly working out the optimum settings, before I transition Mrs Pudding off the old and familiar.

For the last 10+ years, I have been using Topfield (Toppy) 5800 and 5810 machines and benefit from the fact that when you create an auto timer, it puts each recording into a folder.

I think Mut@nt also has this ability, but I can't work out how to use it. I tried creating folders using ftp, but then couldn't point the auto timers to put files there, or even move existing files there.

Apologies if this is really obvious - I have searched quite a bit, but not found the answer or even the question. I also don't mind if I can somehow achieve the same result by tags.

Thanks in advance

ccs
20-03-16, 23:07
Try this thread....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44568-Is-there-a-way-to-group-recordings-into-directories&p=346778&viewfull=1#post346778

yorkshirepudding
21-03-16, 23:35
Thank you ccs. That thread has the instructions I was looking for.

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 08:33
So the same question as in that thread: why not use 'tags' (virtual folders). It's fully automated, nothing you have to do.

yorkshirepudding
22-03-16, 10:05
I read that and from my work with web development, I am a big fan of tags as a flexible sorting ,mechanism. I will research in greater detail tonight.