PDA

View Full Version : Backup Factory Vu+ Duo2 Factory Image

3 DollarBill
20-03-16, 20:37
Hi All,

I recently purchased my first enigma2 receiver (Vu+ Duo2) from the sponsor and I'll looking for advice of how to backup the entire factory image that came with the receiver before experimenting with the different images available.

Can anyone advise on the best way to achieve this. I can telnet into the receiver but I'm unsure what commands to use to backup the entire image currently on the receiver.

Thanks
3 DollarBill

ccs
20-03-16, 20:41
Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager/Green

will create an image backup.

Menu/Setup/ViX/Backup Manager/Green

will create a backup of your settings.

abu baniaz
20-03-16, 20:46
Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager/Green

will create an image backup.

Menu/Setup/ViX/Backup Manager/Green

will create a backup of your settings.

:sofahide:
He does not have a Vix image installed.

ccs
20-03-16, 20:49
:sofahide:
He does not have a Vix image installed.I give up !!!!

abu baniaz
20-03-16, 20:52
I give up !!!!

Please don't. You gave good advice (Albeit not yet applicable). Hightlights some of the useful features we have in the image.

judge
20-03-16, 21:10
Just download the image from
http://code.vuplus.com/

3 DollarBill
21-03-16, 20:26
Just download the image from
http://code.vuplus.com/

Thanks Judge, the image that came pre-installed is 2015-07-22-vuplus_experimental_factory. I assume this is not worth backing up before I flash a VIX image? Perhaps I am being somewhat over cautious before I try different images as I can download more updated stock images from the URL you have provided?

dwarf
22-03-16, 13:22
Trust me once you try other images especially openvix you won't go back to the original Vu+ image it's useless, unintuitive and frustrating.

Openvix is easy to use and logical. My 6 year old can work Vix with her eyes closed and my 70 year old mother in law has no issues.

Rob van der Does
23-03-16, 06:16
Hi All,

I recently purchased my first enigma2 receiver (Vu+ Duo2) from the sponsor and I'll looking for advice of how to backup the entire factory image that came with the receiver before experimenting with the different images available.

Can anyone advise on the best way to achieve this. I can telnet into the receiver but I'm unsure what commands to use to backup the entire image currently on the receiver.

Thanks
3 DollarBill
The original VU-image should come with the 'BackUpSuite' installed (or installable via the feeds). Run that plugin and a backup image will be made on HDD and/or USB.