PDA

View Full Version : Harmony 650

ctbc
20-03-16, 19:54
Hi all,

Girlfriend bought me a harmony 650 and I have been setting it up all afternoon.

Problem I have is when I press "watch tv" button, the tv and mutant turn on which is what I want but the mutant goes straight into this page:

TK4|2|1
20-03-16, 20:55
Can't remember exactly what it's called, but when you are setting up the activity, it will ask what input for tv i.e. HDMI then it will ask something similar about what to put mutant on, select none.

ctbc
20-03-16, 22:11
Thank You, it worked, I had Mutant set to hdmi

kevandali
21-09-16, 22:36
Thinking of getting the Harmony 650 for my Mut@nt HD2400 as my Homer type fingers aren't suited to the small remote. Can anyone tell me if I could use the Harmony to turn on and off my Amazon fire stick which is currently plugged into the HDMI 1 slot of my Samsung TV as well as controlling the volume on the TV.
At the moment I am using 3 remotes, 1 for the TV volume, 1 for the Mut@nt and 1 for the fire stick.
Thanks Kevandali

adm
21-09-16, 22:57
Thinking of getting the Harmony 650 for my Mut@nt HD2400 as my Homer type fingers aren't suited to the small remote. Can anyone tell me if I could use the Harmony to turn on and off my Amazon fire stick which is currently plugged into the HDMI 1 slot of my Samsung TV as well as controlling the volume on the TV.
At the moment I am using 3 remotes, 1 for the TV volume, 1 for the Mut@nt and 1 for the fire stick.
Thanks Kevandali

Probably not as the firestick remote isn't Infra Red (IR) based.

Trial
22-09-16, 08:11
Hi,
you can control Fire TV only with CEC if you have it. You need a hub based Harmony to control Fire TV directly. For the Fire TV box there would also be Flirc an alternative solution.

ciao

ccs
22-09-16, 10:10
... I find a Flirc works fine on a Fire tv box.

Trial
22-09-16, 11:52
Hi,
sadly the thread starter has the stick:-)

Ralf

kevandali
01-12-16, 01:24
Finally got the harmony 650 up and running, all set up and working fine.
As I have the Amazon fire stick, I just set the Harmony settings to turn the TV onto HDMI1 and then use the Fire Stick controller.
Not ideal but at least I got rid of the TV remote and the wife has a remote that is easy to use and better suited to my Homer type fingers :)

dfox
01-12-16, 08:35
Finally got the harmony 650 up and running, all set up and working fine.
As I have the Amazon fire stick, I just set the Harmony settings to turn the TV onto HDMI1 and then use the Fire Stick controller.
Not ideal but at least I got rid of the TV remote and the wife has a remote that is easy to use and better suited to my Homer type fingers :)

This is exactly the same as my setup but with the harmony touch. I don't mind using the fire stick remote as a workaround.

twol
01-12-16, 09:45
Of course you can do all this including fire stick etc using the Simple Control app ... uses the IP address

TK4|2|1
01-12-16, 10:06
Of course you can do all this including fire stick etc using the Simple Control app ... uses the IP address

Don't you need the harmony hub for ip control?

twol
01-12-16, 11:07
Don't you need the harmony hub for ip control?

Simple control app is an IOS app that supports most things that use IP or IR ... even your heating systems, lighting etc
So for home theatre and home automation use.
Its growable, so used both for private and business concerns, even used by some American outfits to control customer systems remotely.

Trial
01-12-16, 13:10
Hi,
even the Hub does not (yet) make use of IP control. Amazon has also an App to control the Fire TV at least for Android.

ciao

twol
01-12-16, 14:23
Hi,
even the Hub does not (yet) make use of IP control. Amazon has also an App to control the Fire TV at least for Android.

ciao

For me that's the nice thing about Simple Control in that all my gear (apart from of course the Sky receiver :) for which I use a Simple Control IR extender) can be accessed via IP and it works well, even giving me up front on the IPAD for the sat receivers a TV EPG.
So like the Harmony, I just choose the Input source on the Onkyo and the App switches everything on/off and then I can control the new setup with the "new" virtual remote on the Ipad(s) ... you can have the app on multiple Ipads.

johnrichard
03-12-16, 04:50
to twol thank you regards john