PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Playback recording->suspend->power on-> No audio!!!

panch
20-03-16, 18:27
This is a possible bug I have noticed through a lot of build - may even be versions. When I have a recording playing and i put the box into suspend directly without stopping the playback. Then, when I power back on, I get no audio on either recordings nor live TV.
Anyone else with that problem?

judge
20-03-16, 19:50
Yep, a VU driver issue.

panch
20-03-16, 20:17
Yep, a VU driver issue.
Will it be resolved?

abu baniaz
20-03-16, 20:18
Will it be resolved?
You will have to ask Vu that question.

Fuzzy
21-03-16, 01:03
It happens on my Duo2 but the sound is only muted (although the mute icon isn't there). If you press 'mute' twice, the sound should come back.

Rob van der Does
21-03-16, 11:09
PLi has found a work-around for this issue; we might be able to embed that in ViX.
Otherwise jumping back/forward 15 seconds or mute/unmute is a work-around you can use right away.

2stein
21-03-16, 19:13
why is vu not able to fix this (and other) driver issue? i assume that you have reported the bug to vu...

Rob van der Does
21-03-16, 19:22
VU doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to the quality of drivers. Whether this is a matter of laziness or lack of competence is something we don't know.
What we do know is that they create a lot of work-arounds for driver-issues; as they (and VTi & BH) only support VU-hardware, that is something they can do, but as you'll understand other image-builders can't (as that would have a negative influence on the correct functioning of other brands).

But your assumption is correct :)

birdman
21-03-16, 23:10
What we do know is that they create a lot of work-arounds for driver-issues; as they (and VTi & BH) only support VU-hardware, that is something they can do, but as you'll understand other image-builders can't (as that would have a negative influence on the correct functioning of other brands)."Negative influence" surely isn't unavoidable, given that you can determine what hardware you are running on.
It might be a bit of a PITA, but since it only needs to be done once, it's not that much of a P.

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 08:29
It's not a good coding practise to work-around driver issues via E2-hacks. It's only a last resort, and then only for very important issues.

birdman
22-03-16, 12:34
It's not a good coding practise to work-around driver issues via E2-hacks. It's only a last resort, and then only for very important issues.Whereas I reckon it is always good practice to make things work as they should do from the viewpoint of the end user.

twol
22-03-16, 12:46
Whereas I reckon it is always good practice to make things work as they should do from the viewpoint of the end user.

Up to a point, I agree ....but not if it messes up other receivers.
Also from the other side, I am not mad about typical Korean companies that only care about selling their boxes and not providing good service. VU+ take your money and then wave goodbye ... they think THEY are the customer :)
If it was only ViX that complained about their driver support, I would wonder .... but it isn't

birdman
22-03-16, 13:29
Up to a point, I agree ....but not if it messes up other receivers.Well no, as that would be a failing from the viewpoint of the end user of those boxes.

But perhaps that is where getBoxType() can help?

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 17:11
That's part of many work-arounds, and not good coding practise. And besides it's a hell of a job to maintain software that's full of this kind of 'hacks'.
VU should learn to do a proper job, and not depend on 'hacking image teams' to take care of their flaws. If all teams would do that, more customers would claim problems at VU and make them think twice.

2stein
22-03-16, 17:15
what's the best way to report driver problems to vu?
is there a support email adress?

birdman
22-03-16, 17:21
That's part of many work-arounds, and not good coding practise.It is when some boxes have hardware features which others don't.

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 17:26
It is when some boxes have hardware features which others don't.
Nope: that should be handled by drivers/features (proc-entries), not by 'if box=xyz then box has abc'.

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 17:27
what's the best way to report driver problems to vu?
is there a support email adress?
See

http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0203.php

twol
22-03-16, 17:34
That's part of many work-arounds, and not good coding practise. And besides it's a hell of a job to maintain software that's full of this kind of 'hacks'.
VU should learn to do a proper job, and not depend on 'hacking image teams' to take care of their flaws. If all teams would do that, more customers would claim problems at VU and make them think twice.

Agree, unfortunately until people stop buying their hardware, they will only see fixing issues as a waste of resources costing them money :smash:

birdman
22-03-16, 17:51
Nope: that should be handled by drivers/features (proc-entries), not by 'if box=xyz then box has abc'.Still labelled as a driver bug, and therefore untouched.

2stein
22-03-16, 18:47
See

http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0203.php
yes, i know... last time i tried that it didn't submit. will try again.
do they accept, if i put in: found on a vix image?

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 19:12
You never know what they 'accept', as one never gets any reply. Anyway I would specify the image used (version/number) and if possible see if the same bug exists on OI/VTi/BH.

stick50jr
22-03-16, 23:24
I have my remote set to control the TV volume & mute. Pressing mute twice goes to the TV and not the VuDuo2. So I have a small script stored as /usr/script/mute.sh that I can run from blue>Vix>Script Runner>.

The script file contains:

wget -O /dev/null -q http://127.0.0.1/web/vol?set=mute
wget -O /dev/null -q http://127.0.0.1/web/vol?set=mute

This is the same as going into the web interface and toggling mute twice. It does restore the sound:)

panch
02-04-16, 04:59
I'll try that also. Also I'll see if I can report the error to VU - I guess the more that report the same error, the better!

Thanks for your insight and tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk