PDA

View Full Version : ChannelList on Vix 1.3

dec2k
31-12-10, 21:04
Hey Guys,

Happy New Year ...almost :p

First off thanks Andy and the team for a great image....I've only had Vix installed but don't see the need to install anything else :)

I'm trying to change the Channel List (Press Up / Down on the remote) - am sure there is a setting somewhere I am missing. I want to see the timebar with elapsed time of the program - I came across Andy's screenshot here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4741-AndyBlac-s-Enigma2-Settings-file-28.2E) and he seems to have this enabled....anyone know where it is?

The second thing I'd like is to have the programme names aligned so it's easier to read...is this possible?

Alternatively, I guess Multi-EPG is what I'm looking for so maybe there's a way to get this to open on Up/Down - currently I need to press Red / Blue for it.
P.S. I don't want to change the function of the EPG button to show the Multi-EPG, I like the Vix EPG, I mainly use this but for a quick "whats on now" the channel list I find easier to use :-)

Thanks for any help guys :)

Stanman
31-12-10, 21:16
If this is a virgin installation and you have not changed any settings, the up/down I think is the quickEPG you need to change this in the viX settings.

Once you do this, a long OK press and you will be able to scroll through current channel listing as well as scrolling left / right on adjoining channels

The timebar elapse is in menu customise and there is line about programme time elapsed - sorry cant check right now as kids have remote :lol:

Recycled
31-12-10, 21:25
Hi Dec2K,
I use Dreamboxedit v3.0 to create a channel map in the sequence I prefer.
Once I have that created and saved I press the TV button.
This allows me to view and access the bouquet best suited to what I want.
Hopefully I have read your post correctly and this is what you are attempting to do :)

dec2k
31-12-10, 21:26
Yup not much settings changed. The QuickEPG I believe is the default behaviour of right / left in Vix 1.3 - that can be changed to Long OK press. It's not that "EPG" I'm looking for though...it's the channel list one (why is there so many :p ) - from the link in my original post, you'll see Andy has two screenshots, that's the EPG I'm looking for. When I press Menu in the ChannelList - the only options I have is to view Transponder Info and options for changing the bouquets....
Don't worry about checking...don't want to be upsetting the kids :-)

dec2k
31-12-10, 21:29
Hi Dec2K,
I use Dreamboxedit v3.0 to create a channel map in the sequence I prefer.
Once I have that created and saved I press the TV button.
This allows me to view and access the bouquet best suited to what I want.
Hopefully I have read your post correctly and this is what you are attempting to do :)

Hey, thanks for the reply...just saw this after I submitted the previous post :-) I have all my bouquets set up the way I want...that works fine and as I say I mostly use the Vix EPG (By pressing the EPG button) - but if I'm just looking for something thats on now I generally press Up or Down on the remote and use the CHannelList EPG (screen here : http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4633&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1292679736 - as posted by Andy) - would love to have the timebar on this screen as per the screenshot :-)

Stanman
31-12-10, 21:45
The progress bar is in menu and customise.

You need to change the button assignment for the quickEPG as I had this issue when I first installed the image but changing the buttons gave the epg ln the screen shots. channel up brings the 2nd screen shot and if you than press blue button the first screen shot comes up.

Also if you try channel -/+ it will also bring the bouquets up

dec2k
31-12-10, 21:51
haha yes, it's in the customise....I missed that setting...thanks a million...i was trying pressing Menu when in ChannelList :-)

Is there anyway to align the program names? or is that just hoping for too much :D

Stanman
31-12-10, 21:52
Not as far as I know but there may well be a way.

dec2k
31-12-10, 21:53
Not as far as I know but there may well be a way.

Thanks for your help Stanman....Happy NEw Year :-)