PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] timer insanity

cactikid
20-03-16, 10:38
i went to set a timer on box at 10.15 am but box says timer sanity for later evening timers?

birdman
20-03-16, 13:44
It looks as though you are suffering from the bug in TimerSanityCheck.py that was looked at in http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49866-TimerSanityCheck-can-report-a-failure-when-it-should-be-OK
The fix isn't yet in OpenVix.

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 08:26
Are you sure the two overlapping timers are indeed possible? It does happen that a new timer activates the TimerConflictSanity for an already existing timer conflict.

cactikid
22-03-16, 09:08
i went thru the first list timer overview again and now noticed the 1 hr recording had changed to 1438 mins and when edited could set new added timer.hopefully this was the issue on this box ,now to recheck other box.

birdman
22-03-16, 12:39
Are you sure the two overlapping timers are indeed possible? It does happen that a new timer activates the TimerConflictSanity for an already existing timer conflict.But given that all timer adds/changes invoke TimerConflictSanity it shouldn't be possible to get conflicting timers set in the first place.

Rob van der Does
22-03-16, 17:14
Sometimes there is a logical reason for that; e.g. when I move my timers to another box or when I change the tuner configuration.
Anyway: when, for whatever what reason, there is a 'sleeping' timer conflict, adding any timer will bring up the TimerConflictSanity to allow you to fix it.