PDA

View Full Version : HELP vu plus duo won't do anything!

Michaelreddo
20-03-16, 09:29
Hi, any help much appreciated! Box froze so turned it off and now it won't do anything. It loads up, shows a fault screen then just gets stuck on the open in blue screen with menu bar showing but won't do anything else. It responds to remote signal in that the led blinks but literally won't do anything.can anyone please please help me? Think I've managed to add some pictures of what it looks like. Thanks in advance

chaser
20-03-16, 09:37
It looks like you've run out of internal flash memory on your Duo. Do you know where your picons, EPG & logfiles / debug files are saved to? I'm guessing some of these are being saved to internal flash, which has caused this problem. For the Duo, with limited memory, these are best saved to USB. You might want to try accessing your box via FTP to see if you can identify and remove the offending files. Failing that, a complete reflash will probably be necessary.

john doe
20-03-16, 09:53
also use FTP to find crash logs from home/root and upload to this thread, this way people are able to help. it looks to be the skin issue, but get the log on here and someone will be able to help

Michaelreddo
20-03-16, 10:13
Thanks for getting back to me. Really appreciate the help. What is ftp? Is that where you connect to box on laptop? How do I reflash it? Sorry I'm a complete novice at these things. Managed to set it up using a guide but I've now changed my laptop so lost the programme I had set up. Are there any good guides around that will help me start from scratch again? Cheers

chaser
20-03-16, 10:36
FTP allows you to transfer files between your laptop and the sat receiver. On a PC you would install something like FileZilla which is a FTP client.

For your guides, have a look here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

cactikid
20-03-16, 10:44
would agree as having the old duo box would need reflashing and start again having saved any important cfg files to desktop first,box will also need to have a usb in rear for epg and swapfile running and cacheflush plugin.

john doe
20-03-16, 11:06
or if you have an internal HDD shove into there. I've been using epg, picons etc to Hdd for years and no issues.

use filezilla for ftping. I would just reflash if genuine box