PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Loop Through not working

johnluv778
18-03-16, 15:07
Hi,

I have a SOLO2 and I am trying to use the Loop Through functionality to feed my Sky UK HD Box.
I am getting crazy but I can't make it work.

The system has a Disqc with two dishes Astra & Hotbird and priority is to Astra.

If I connect the cable straight into the Sky Box it works.

If I connect the cable into TunerB and I setup TunerA as a Loop Through and connect the output of TunerA into the SKybox it doesn't work.

I did multiple experiments like: disabling diseq from TunerB (hence default is Astra), go into standby, deep sleep, inverting Tuners but NOTHING, I can't feed the Sky box whatsoever.

Can you please let me know if it should work and hence what am I doing wrong?

Cheers
John

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 15:13
The loopthroug is internal loop through. It does noot "loop out" to another receiver on that model.

johnluv778
18-03-16, 15:17
I see, I was sure I could loop out as well, thanks for the info.
I know it's OT but jus as a suggestion, is there a Y splitter I can use to feed both STBs assuming I can only use one at a time?

Cheers
John

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 15:32
You cannot split a satellite signal unless you have a unicable LNB.

As a dirty workaround, you can use a splitter which will block power from one of the units to the LNB. One of the units will have full control of switching the LNB and can wathc what it likes. The other will only be able to use the same quadrant/segment as the main one.

Best to run cables.

johnluv778
18-03-16, 15:50
Ok thanks. Unfortunately running two cables is not an option.
What I will probably do is to use a splitter then.
I will use the SkyBox when I want to wat Astra and I will switch it off and use the Solo2 when I want to watch Hotbird as it supports DiSeqc.

This way, even if a bit dirty should work shouldn't it?

Cheers
John

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 16:07
Why not use the solo2 for both?

johnluv778
18-03-16, 17:37
Because I have a Sky UK subscription hence I want to use the Sky Box.

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 17:43
If you only have SD subscription, then the solo 2 will be fine.

Red card paired to HD box is fine
White card paired to HD box (apart from Thomson) is a problem.

johnluv778
18-03-16, 17:49
I want to use the SKybox anyway.
I have SKy HD but what's the difference between white and red cards? Is it literally the color?
How can it be that HD cards could possibly work on the Solo2 anyway? HD cards and decoders should be now paired right?

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 17:53
If you are going to swap cables, a high isolation switch will be better. You dont have to mess around with swapping cables. A push of a button swaps them over.

johnluv778
18-03-16, 18:07
Thanks abu.
Can you please point me to a good high isolation switch on amazon? Just to better understand what I should be after.

Also, coming back to these white & red cards, can you please point me to some more references?
Until 15 mins ago I thought it was not possible to use Sky UK HD channels on a non Sky box for pairing issues.
I have found this link here: http://*****************.com/showthread.php?t=85046
But what I thought was that only SD cards could be used in a non SKy box. Is it not the case?

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 18:17
What I said in post 8 is valid as far as I am aware. You still cannot watch HD channels though.

Here is one link. Shop around

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=high+isolation+swicth

johnluv778
18-03-16, 18:35
Thanks Abu,

I will give it a go even if they are quite expensive compared to a simple splitter. Is there any risk when using a splitter vs a switch?

BTW, I really want HD channels so I will use the Sky Box.
Also, after reading around I have understood that the "white" cards are the good ones which can still be used into any enigma decoder and SD channels will work.
The red cards are the new ones and are the ones which are fully paired with the decoder and they can not be used (at least for the moment) in any decoders but the original one.

Cheers
John

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 19:01
The red cards are the new ones and are the ones which are fully paired with the decoder and they can not be used (at least for the moment) in any decoders but the original one.

This is not correct

meatball1987
18-03-16, 20:03
As stated above just scrap the skybox and use the solo for everything

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 20:13
I will give it a go even if they are quite expensive compared to a simple splitter. Is there any risk when using a splitter vs a switch?

The receivers send voltages to the LNB to control them. You cannot have two receivers sending conflicting commands. The high isolation switch completely cuts off one of the connections so there is no chance of damage.

johnluv778
18-03-16, 20:37
As stated above just scrap the skybox and use the solo for everything

Meatball, while this would be great, I would like more references and evidences that it is possible to watch Sky Uk HD with a legitimate subscription on the Solo2.

As far as I am aware of, the new pairing algorithm with the signature approach does not allow anymore to use non Sky boxes?

Are you now saying that I can use a legitimate card to watch Sky HD content on the solo2?
If so, could you please point me to some more relevant information?

Cheers
John

johnluv778
18-03-16, 20:39
The receivers send voltages to the LNB to control them. You cannot have two receivers sending conflicting commands. The high isolation switch completely cuts off one of the connections so there is no chance of damage.

Sure, this is clear. But if I use only one receiver while the other one is switched off (standby) should it not just work as only one receiver is driving the LNB?

Cheers
John

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 20:49
Standy is not switched off, it tunes and records in standby. If you switch off at the mains, that will work.

With regards to the cards issue, you cannot watch HD channels on 28.2 whichever colour you use. Nobody said you could, you drew the conclusion.

meatball1987
18-03-16, 20:53
On the legit for hd I'm out John. Good luck with the splitter

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

johnluv778
18-03-16, 22:23
Cool, thank you guys, your support has been much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Have a good weekend lads. :cool:

John