PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Timeout for tuner lock

luffy
17-03-16, 20:52
For the past hour, I've been trying to download the EPG on my Technomate TM-NANO 2 Super. However every time I try to download, this error message pops up. It occurs for ABM and also CrossEPG.

I have two tuners, so I can watch one channel and record another. They're both setup as:
Configuration Mode - Simple
Mode - Single
Satellite - 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Send DiSEqC - No

I have build 037 of ViX running on my box.

I've re-flashed the box and also factory reset it, however the issue persists.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

The log file > https://mega.nz/#!r8dXBBpY!srcF_Ud4g78fg58pq3wXpMRYYODixDCz4TQx9Go T4Xk

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 21:02
It seems you are unable to lock onto the transponder that is used. Maybe an alignment/lnb/cabling issue. Double check in signal/satfinder
Menu > setup > service searching

If you do a normal satellite scan, how many channels do you get.

Sicilian
17-03-16, 21:04
Try setting Tuner B to not configured, run ABM. If OK, set Tuner A to not configured and setup tuner B, move the coax feed from A to B. Run ABM again.

luffy
17-03-16, 21:06
It seems you are unable to lock onto the transponder that is used. Maybe an alignment/lnb/cabling issue. Double check in signal/satfinder
Menu > setup > service searching

If you do a normal satellite scan, how many channels do you get.

I get 6 channels.

luffy
17-03-16, 21:15
Try setting Tuner B to not configured, run ABM. If OK, set Tuner A to not configured and setup tuner B, move the coax feed from A to B. Run ABM again.

Same error message, however when I try and use Tuner B, channels goes black and then the error message shows but not with A

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 21:19
You are probably cannning the tranponder only. Wrong approach from me. Lets start again. Sorry.

1. Check sat finder for tuner A. ( you must edit details as shown in picture). Post a screenshot to confirm you are doing it right. Attach to thread please.
2. Check sat finder for tuner B. ( you must edit details as shown in picture). Post a screenshot to confirm you are doing it right. Attach to thread please.

3. Disable tuner B (set as not configured) . Scan the whole satellite and confirm number of channels you get. If you want, you can post a screenshot to confirm you are doing it right.

luffy
17-03-16, 21:34
You are probably cannning the tranponder only. Wrong approach from me. Lets start again. Sorry.

1. Check sat finder for tuner A. ( you must edit details as shown in picture). Post a screenshot to confirm you are doing it right. Attach to thread please.
2. Check sat finder for tuner B. ( you must edit details as shown in picture). Post a screenshot to confirm you are doing it right. Attach to thread please.

3. Disable tuner B (set as not configured) . Scan the whole satellite and confirm number of channels you get. If you want, you can post a screenshot to confirm you are doing it right.

Thank you again for the help, i hope i'm following your guidance here.

Sicilian
17-03-16, 21:37
Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single satellite', using left/right keys.

luffy
17-03-16, 21:45
Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single satellite', using left/right keys.

With Tuner A

With Tuner B

Sicilian
17-03-16, 21:46
Do the same scan on each tuner and post results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
17-03-16, 21:50
Scan looks ok.

Can you post a photo of how you have the cables connected on the back of the box.

luffy
17-03-16, 21:52
Do the same scan on each tuner and post results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of them obtained the same amount of channels.

luffy
17-03-16, 21:58
Scan looks ok.

Can you post a photo of how you have the cables connected on the back of the box.

I hope that is readable, sorry about the dusty tv stand :P.

Sicilian
17-03-16, 22:03
Both of them obtained the same amount of channels.

Did you use the same coax feed for both the scans or the current connected coax cables?

luffy
17-03-16, 22:07
Did you use the same coax feed for both the scans or the current connected coax cables?

I had both the coax cables inserted when i ran the test, but i selected which tuner to use with the left/right arrows.

I will run them with the coax cables out now and post screenshots.

I just removed the coax cable from LNB1, and this is the result

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 22:10
What was the total number of channels?

Your signal finder photos show you checking a different transponder. Adjust to what is shown in the attachment I uploaded. You must alter the values. It "loads up" on the current transponder.

luffy
17-03-16, 22:23
What was the total number of channels?

Your signal finder photos show you checking a different transponder. Adjust to what is shown in the attachment I uploaded. You must alter the values. It "loads up" on the current transponder.

It was not able to find any channels with, Tuner B set to not-configured

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 22:38
What was the total number of channels for a satellite scan of 28.2 please?

luffy
17-03-16, 22:43
What was the total number of channels for a satellite scan of 28.2 please?

With Tuner B enabled? and it automating the search?
It was 882, i got the same amount of channels each time. Sometimes it would be less, but that was due to the irish channels.

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 23:01
When you disable tuner B, we are testing Tuner A and what is connected to it.
When you disable tuner A, we are testing Tuner B and what is connected to it.

If you are getting varied number of channels, there is more than likley an LNB issue. The RoI channels are still on 28.2, so that does not matter. The bottom line is that ABM and Crossepg (Signal based) lock onto that transponder. Until you can get that resolved, those two will not work. Can you try at another property? You must be systematic in your tests.

You can use AutoBouquets 28.2 for now. You must be on an active 28.2 channel when you run it.

luffy
17-03-16, 23:12
When you disable tuner B, we are testing Tuner A and what is connected to it.
When you disable tuner A, we are testing Tuner B and what is connected to it.

If you are getting varied number of channels, there is more than likley an LNB issue. The RoI channels are still on 28.2, so that does not matter. The bottom line is that ABM and Crossepg (Signal based) lock onto that transponder. Until you can get that resolved, those two will not work. Can you try at another property? You must be systematic in your tests.

You can use AutoBouquets 28.2 for now. You must be on an active 28.2 channel when you run it.

I do not understand sorry. I've disabled tuner b and set them up the same way as your picture but i get no channels.
However i can still watch channels, but not get EPG?

EDIT: I reset it again and tried it again, this is what i got. It found no channels, with Tuner B not configured. The same thing happens when i set Tuner A to not configured and use Tuner B to search, no channels again.

But i can get the channels and watch them without issues, when i do an automated search? but i get no EPG.

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 23:22
Your picture does not look like mine. I leave everything on auto.

There are 4 variables.

Tuner A
Tuner B
Brown wire and what is attached to it.
Black wire and what is attached to it.

And we are assuming that the cables are direct from the LNB, that there are no splitters etc.

Conduct the following tests and post the results.

Test 1.
Disable Tuner B.
Set Tuner A as simple, single , 28.2.
Use the black cable.
Set signal finder exacatly as I did.
Do you get a lock?

Test 2.
Disable Tuner B.
Use the brown cable.
Set signal finder exactly as I did.
Do you get a lock?

Test 3.
Disable Tuner A.
Set Tuner B as simple, single , 28.2.
Use the black cable.
Do you get a lock?

Test 4.
Disable Tuner A.
Use the brown cable.
Do you get a lock?

luffy
17-03-16, 23:45
Your picture does not look like mine. I leave everything on auto.

There are 4 variables.

Tuner A
Tuner B
Brown wire and what is attached to it.
Black wire and what is attached to it.

And we are assuming that the cables are direct from the LNB, that there are no splitters etc.

Conduct the following tests and post the results.

Test 1.
Disable Tuner B.
Use the black cable.
Set signal finder exacatly as I did.
Do you get a lock?

Test 2.
Disable Tuner B.
Use the brown cable.
Do you get a lock?

Test 3.
Disable Tuner A.
Use the black cable.
Do you get a lock?

Test 4.
Disable Tuner A.
Use the brown cable.
Do you get a lock?

It did not work with any of those tests.

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 23:46
I get 945 channel on a scan. If you are not getting near that amount (varies slightly as channels come and go), there is an issue.

luffy
17-03-16, 23:50
I get 945 channel on a scan. If you are not getting near that amount (varies slightly as channels come and go), there is an issue.

But i am able to get channels if i automate the process. Only thing i am unable to obtain is the 7 day EPG, it pulls EPG info for the current and next show of whatever channel i'm watching.

As you can see it's finding channels.

abu baniaz
17-03-16, 23:58
An LNB receives a combination of Vertical/Horizontal and Low/High bands.

I don't know how to rephrase this, ABM and Cross EPG (signal based) tune to the trasnponder that I attached a picture of. If you cannot tune/lock onto that transponder, your receiver will not be able to get the data. You are missing more than 100 channels compared to my scan, so there is an issue. It could be just the LNB skew needs adjusting.

Let me know if this has made sense before I post further

luffy
18-03-16, 00:08
I think i understand, because i cannot lock onto the values you told me to search on, i cannot obtain EPG information and a couple of channels which i'm missing?

Do you think i should test coax cables with a S** box? and see if it gets the 7 day epg for it?

Or do you think i should call the satellite engineer? the reason for this is that I have a communal dish, so the dish i use to obtain my channels also services other homes within my apartment complex.

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 00:29
That is up to you. 100+ chanels is not just a few. I repeat, you must be able to lock/tune onto that transponder if you want to use ABM or CrossEPG downloader (signal based).

You can try an offcial Sky receiver. That may also give problems. The EPG data (as far as we know) is on that transponder.

Continuing with what I said earlier (differnt option for you), use AutoBouquets 28.2 by Lraizer. It does not use that frequency (unless it is starting from a non-28.2 channel).
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45289-Lraizer-s-UKCVS-Autobouquets-28-2-%28Satellite%29&p=390765&viewfull=1#post390765

luffy
18-03-16, 01:33
That is up to you. 100+ chanels is not just a few. I repeat, you must be able to lock/tune onto that transponder if you want to use ABM or CrossEPG downloader (signal based).

You can try an offcial Sky receiver. That may also give problems. The EPG data (as far as we know) is on that transponder.

Continuing with what I said earlier (differnt option for you), use AutoBouquets 28.2 by Lraizer. It does not use that frequency (unless it is starting from a non-28.2 channel).
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45289-Lraizer-s-UKCVS-Autobouquets-28-2-%28Satellite%29&p=390765&viewfull=1#post390765

Hey thank you for the help, I've looked up a couple of old threads regarding this issue and some helpful old responses. One of your old responses mentioned that network should be on on, during my scans I had put network as off. Now that I have it on all my scans contain over 900 channels on both tuners, however I'm still getting the error message of timeout for tuner lock.

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 02:21
You will always get that message until you can receive/tune to the required frequency.

Here is a combined picture of a non-ABM scan/result of the frequency.

luffy
18-03-16, 02:44
You will always get that message until you can receive/tune to the required frequency.

Here is a combined picture of a non-ABM scan/result of the frequency.

I will call the engineer tomorrow, thank you for all the help and advise you've given me.

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 03:41
Best to try receiver at another location (not same block of flats) before you pay anyone.

DaMacFunkin
18-03-16, 09:04
Just going back to your picture, is that brown cable normal rf ariel cable as opposed to satellite cable?

luffy
18-03-16, 09:49
Just going back to your picture, is that brown cable normal rf ariel cable as opposed to satellite cable?

It's a sat cable.

I'll check the box out in another home first, will update this later today.

judge
18-03-16, 11:58
So, with only 1 tuner enabled, a or b, it's still failing on both with timeout errors?

eoinzy
18-03-16, 13:57
Configure both tuners to the same satellite.

I had this problem before because the 2nd tuner wasn't configured. Once I configured Tuner B to 28.2E, then the scan worked perfect.

luffy
18-03-16, 18:09
UPDATE:

In the morning i tried everything Abu told me to again. I factory reset the box and also re-flashed the box with the newest ViX version, i was able to get 50% strength on both "SNR" and "AGC", however it would go up and down including not locking and locking and this was for both Tuner A and B.

I took the box over to another home, it was able to lock and obtain the channels shown on Abu's picture. ABM and CrossEPG worked and downloaded everything that had been setup.

I came back home, to ring the owner of the building to get a satellite engineer out to check the dish. I find out that other apartments had also rang to let him know that they couldn't watch their TV and that their S** boxes were not able to get signals etc as well.

He came and fixed it, it works now, i'm able to get ABM and CrossEPG working.

I just want to give a huge thanks to Abu for helping me through this issue.

EDIT: If a mod would like to close this thread, please go right ahead, the issue has been fixed.