PDA

View Full Version : Problem with fallback receiver on Opernvix latest

colEdinburgh
16-03-16, 21:28
I have 2 Edison OS Mini's Id like to be able to use the fallback receiver functionality on on of the boxes. I have it set up over my wired network and it works for some channels (BBC SD channels) but not for others (BBC HD channels, channel 4 and many others).

I get the following error message: no data on transponder timeout reading pat

twol
16-03-16, 21:40
How is it wired .... Powerplugs or direct lan connection?

colEdinburgh
16-03-16, 21:42
powerplugs

abu baniaz
16-03-16, 22:37
BBC4 does not broadcast all the time. Are you sure this is not the case?

Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

colEdinburgh
17-03-16, 17:00
If I switch the main box off all the channels on the network box work. There seems to be some sort of conflict when the main box is on

gibbletts
17-03-16, 18:38
It might be an obvious question but do you have dual tuners on the main box?

colEdinburgh
17-03-16, 18:47
Yes I have twin tuners on the main box

gibbletts
17-03-16, 20:19
That's the obvious answer gone, I have a box attached to my duo2 via power plugs but I use the remotechannelstreamconverter plugin which works no problem with all channels, you could give that a go if no one can offer a solution to your issue it would achieve what you want.

colEdinburgh
18-03-16, 08:32
OK, I tried the remote channel stream converter plug in ... Exactly the same problem. I have re flashed the networked box, still fails

twol
18-03-16, 09:54
If I switch the main box off all the channels on the network box work. There seems to be some sort of conflict when the main box is on

1) So the "client" box is enabled to pick up all channels? Be careful in response :)
2) Same IP address on both boxes? Its far better to use static addresses so fallback tuner IP address never changes .... same for RCSC plugin
3) when running in fallback tuner mode I assume you disable the tuners on the "client" ?

colEdinburgh
18-03-16, 11:01
1) Yes the client box works has no issue with any channels when the server box is on standby. Only when the server box is on do some of the channels on the client fail. Not all channels fail, only some.
2) No each box has its own IP address, this is assigned automatically by the router
3) Correct, the tuner on the client is set to "not configured"

twol
18-03-16, 11:44
1) Yes the client box works has no issue with any channels when the server box is on standby. Only when the server box is on do some of the channels on the client fail. Not all channels fail, only some.
2) No each box has its own IP address, this is assigned automatically by the router
3) Correct, the tuner on the client is set to "not configured"

Have you checked 2) :) Also the IP can vary so really you should use a static IP

Is it possible to move the 2 receivers next to each other and plug both into LAN and see if they run "clean" ?

colEdinburgh
18-03-16, 11:49
Yep one is 192.168.1.104 and the other is 192.168.1.128

judge
18-03-16, 11:52
Can you stream from the server box using WebIF or any other method?

twol
18-03-16, 11:53
Yep one is 192.168.1.104 and the other is 192.168.1.128

OK .... and the other suggestion?:)

chaser
19-03-16, 23:20
How are the tuners configured on your main box? Do you have two independent feeds or are you using a single feed with loop through?