PDA

View Full Version : Timers and Auto Timers

iamSteve
16-03-16, 16:52
I realise Autotimers create the timers for the data found in the EPG, however I have the following question please....

Can I set Partial Match as a default rather than Exact Match, reason is some programs may say NEW:XXXX then next week just XXXX, so I would normally want to remove NEW: and set to partial match?

Setting something like the F1, in 12 months I have never gotten this right:-
I have set looking for F1 or Formula 1 in the title with partial match and restricted to Weekend (to avoid practice sessions), then look in the description for Live, but often no timer gets set. If I set an auto timer without changing anything then a single timer for that program is created.
I have tried to set 2 auto times one to look for qualifying and one to look for the race, but it just gets in a right mess in the end.

Thanks in advance.

iamSteve
16-03-16, 18:33
Just to add to my above questions.....

When a program is recorded (if I have the whole program) I normally have two markers on the time line for start and end. Is their anyway a timer can look for the endpoint to save adding say 1 or 2 min to EVERY recording?

iamSteve
16-03-16, 19:01
Regarding the F1 Timer in the above question I have attached some screen shots to show the issue.

Original mess from some of last season

Original 'AutoTimer'

Various attempts to set a 'generic' timer to record the Live Qualifying
47315 47316 47317

I have also tried in the past to set up a filter to look for the word live, but this has also failed to produce the desired result. I think I need to search for Live (anything) Qualifying in the title?

birdman
16-03-16, 19:35
Find some unique text (looks like "GP:" would work, but you'd need to check that this will catch future ones too) and do partial match on it.

Add a filter to only record on Saturday and Sunday.

Remove the time-span within the day (the times of the live races cover quite a large span throughout the season).

If the same channel has repeats, or other bits you don't want try to find, some word in the Description that you can set an Exclude filter for.

If the odd programme ends up with a timer set when you don't want it, Disable the timer.

iamSteve
16-03-16, 19:55
Thank you for your time and tips. I have also just found out that in the filters I can also filter title for Live rather than trying to find it in the description that I have had no luck with. Ill post an update once I get it to work.

iamSteve
16-03-16, 20:07
I have tried setting it up like this now.

I have removed the time as you suggested and added the filter to look for Live in the title, I will add the days to the filter if it starts recording things I do not want. Think I was making this more complicated than it needed to be!!!!!

Now I just need to find out how the set up the defaults for an autotimer, mainly partial match and case insensitive as standard.

ccs
16-03-16, 20:48
menu/timers/autotimers/menu/setup

I've never found out a way of altering one-off timer defaults. Can it be done??

birdman
16-03-16, 21:28
menu/timers/autotimers/menu/setup

I've never found out a way of altering one-off timer defaults. Can it be done??Well, if you go to menu/timers/autotimers/menu/ option 7 is "Edit new timer defaults" and "Search type" and "Search strictness" are the second and third entries.

ccs
16-03-16, 23:08
Well, if you go to menu/timers/autotimers/menu/ option 7 is "Edit new timer defaults" and "Search type" and "Search strictness" are the second and third entries.Yes I should have double checked before posting, option 7 does as you say, setup changes other defaults.
I still can't see a way of altering defaults for one off timers - eg to always go to deep standby when finished.
I know you get the chance to change it when setting the timer, but it would be handy not to have to bother (remember).