PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] World of sat.co.uk customer service

jon84
16-03-16, 10:18
Hi all,

I am sure, I will be abused for expressing my experience. I found/finding the customer service is terrible. I run
my own business and it doesn't fit my company ethos. I sent emails to narrow down my search I got no response
apart from the initial help.

anyway...

I ordered a box (Wetek) on friday before 3pm (next day special delivery via royal mail). Website states before 3pm is
fine for next day. My box arrived Monday.

Box...

Doesn't boot sd card (openelec) there were no instructions. I spent £155 and very fustrated. Tried all the troubleshoots
I found on the web with no luck. The box is extremely slow, glitchy and unresponsive at times. Boot up takes 2-3mins.

Return...

Suffice to say I contacted world of sat by phone...I got fobbed off by a guy. I emailed through contact us page with order
number yesterday afternoon still no reply. I emailed again this morning asking for refund no reply. I am terrible offended
and have no idea why I am being treated like this.... :(

Rant over

twol
16-03-16, 11:21
Its very easy to get wound up over the Wetek box on issues that are completely out of the suppliers hands.
I love the box - but I run an enigma image which keeps me away from Wetek.

I assume you ordered the Wetek Openelec product..... with the Wetek (no Openelec) there are instructions as well as a registration card with serial no. which you need to access some wetek resources.
The amount of documentation and support on the Wetek site could be significantly improved as could the attitude of the people on their forum web site .. Complaining about resellers publicly on their forum when its a Wetek packaging/product checking issue and basically calling people who "complain" idiots is not helpful.

Boot time .....yep from power up its slow, but using the enigma image I don,t do that too often apart from when I change the image..... So works for me.

Perhaps if you state what you are trying to do with the Wetek you might get some more informed help from others that use Wetek :)

abu baniaz
16-03-16, 11:40
The main person at world of satellite is away and will be back in a couple of days. Quite possibly, the person who is left in charge is waiting for the boss to return.

First boot after "installing" image takes a while as it has to do some maintenance. Subsequent bootups are normal.

iain66
16-03-16, 16:03
I have ordered a few boxes in the past few weeks and never had a problem... ordered 1 yesterday came today as normal

manicscrewdriver
16-03-16, 18:09
Nothing wrong with the customer service from WOS. I've had boxes before which didn't run the emu that i wanted to use to read my subscriber card and the offer to return it for a full refund was offered by the owner after i asked for advice. I never returned the box but rather sold it on to another member as it wasn't WOS that was at fault as i should have done my homework before buying the box, just as you should have.

As for the delivery if you look at the Royal mails website you would see that Next day delivery on a saturday is only offered for an extra fee.

Saturday delivery (for an additional fee)

Also on the WOS website

♦Please note that next working day delivery is not a guaranteed service, 99% of orders are delivered next working day, but occasionally order's can be delayed in transit.

The only thing i would say is that Wetek boxes come with a steep learning curve and getting frustrated with them is a very easy thing to do. There is plenty of help available if you look for it. Instead of bitching about World of Sat from the word go you could have just asked for help on this forum as after all that's what its here for. You will find that most members here will go out there way to help you if you would have asked first instead of going off on one.

I would suggest waiting until the owner contacts you as knowing him he will be extremely concerned if one of his customers is not happy. Believe me WOS customer services is a lot better than other retailers in this industry i could mention.

You obviously didn't search very hard as i found this in about 30 seconds. I suggest you have a read as by the looks of it its not rocket science to get this box to boot into Openelec :D

http://openelec.tv/forum/147-installation/78269-openelec-box-booting-from-sdcard

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-03-16, 08:13
Firstly allow me to apologise for the slight delay in the reply to your emails, I've been away for a trade show in Germany for 2 days. The member of staff that took your call was not able to provide the support you required, but really not sure why you feel this way and felt the need for this post. All we can do apologise. All your previous emails where answered straight away. Also I'd like to point out that before you purchased we gave some advise, but it seems that this advice was not taken on board. I am somewhat confused why you chose too purchase the Wetek after we'd given you our opinion.

We only advised you to choose an Android device for your Kodi / IPTV requirements, not for your PVR / Satellite requirements. We did not feel the Wetek would suit all your needs, hence was not recommended to you for satellite or PVR.

All your emails have now been replied too.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-03-16, 08:40
I ordered a box (Wetek) on friday before 3pm (next day special delivery via royal mail). Website states before 3pm is
fine for next day. My box arrived Monday.

This is actually a incorrect, your order was received Saturday 12/03/16 @ 15:13. Therefore your order was shipped as it should have been Monday 14th. You received the goods Tuesday 15th.

djkross
17-03-16, 14:43
I brought my solo2 from wos. I rang up and asked if I could pick 1 up and he (I believe the owner) said yes even gave me a slight discount due to the box being a return (still fully wrapped up). TOP GUY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-03-16, 16:15
We try our best to keep all customers happy, but occasionally things do go wrong. We don't claim to be perfect, but we do always try our best :)

If anyone is unhappy with any part of our service, please contact us here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact We take all comments on board and learn from any mistakes we make, after all we're only human.

jon84
18-03-16, 10:03
Firstly allow me to apologise for the slight delay in the reply to your emails, I've been away for a trade show in Germany for 2 days. The member of staff that took your call was not able to provide the support you required, but really not sure why you feel this way and felt the need for this post. All we can do apologise. All your previous emails where answered straight away. Also I'd like to point out that before you purchased we gave some advise, but it seems that this advice was not taken on board. I am somewhat confused why you chose too purchase the Wetek after we'd given you our opinion.

We only advised you to choose an Android device for your Kodi / IPTV requirements, not for your PVR / Satellite requirements. We did not feel the Wetek would suit all your needs, hence was not recommended to you for satellite or PVR.

All your emails have now been replied too.

I stand corrected. I believe, the order was started before 3pm and paid after the 3pm deadline. Thank you for the reply and sorting out box. I am very happy now. :]
Sorry for doubting you guys.
Best wishes
Jon