PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Can't seem to get an internal hdd to mount

yus786
14-03-16, 23:58
Flashed the latest openvix onto my box and started setting it up

Things were working fine with the hdd when I tested the timeshift and checked to see the recordings that were stored on it from before.

Been installing plugins to have been switching on and off etc and did have a crash mid-way through a plugin install so had to do a hard reset

Not sure if this is what triggered it but my hdd does not seem to mount anymore

It is detected in the mount manager but shows unavailable for the size and type. Mount status is none and device status is /dev/sda1

Not at all familiar with telnet commands but tried to do fdisk -l but get fdisk not found. Have managed to format the disk using the command mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda and that worked though. Can't umount or mount the disk though

Have tried initialising which crashes on the mounting part, have tried converting fllesystem which also crashes on the mounting part

Any ideas?

Andy_Hazza
15-03-16, 06:04
What plugin was you using when it caused a crash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
15-03-16, 12:35
Not at all familiar with telnet commands but tried to do fdisk -l but get fdisk not found. It's not installed by default.
sfdisk is

yus786
15-03-16, 21:25
What plugin was you using when it caused a crash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying to install cooltvguide I think but it didn't start downloading so I rebooted the box

Thanks birdman i tried sfdisk and that came up with the details of the drive, then I used the command mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /media/hdd and that mounted it OK and all seems to be working OK

Cheers for the help guys