PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Network connection dropping and random restarts

nirmies
14-03-16, 23:37
Starting a new thread because this is a different problem to the other problem.

I am using my box as normal and have made no changes to my settings apart from setting up a swap file a few days ago.

Today I have noticed that my network connection to my box has been disconnecting and connecting randomly whilst watching tv. I am definitely sure on one occasion it was whilst I was watching BBC 1.

A little later whilst watching TV screen went blank and box restarted.

Debug logs attached for today.

nirmies
17-03-16, 01:08
More connection dropping yesterday. Not used box much today.

nirmies
17-03-16, 01:10
Box rebooted whilst watching tv. Nothing pressed on remote etc.

birdman
17-03-16, 02:53
Box rebooted whilst watching tv. Nothing pressed on remote etc.

< 12104.138911> [eventData] EPG Cache is corrupt (eventData::~eventData), you should restart Enigma!I had that message a few weeks back and, IIRC, the box rebooted then. It also removed the epg cache file (there was none around when I looked for it to delete it) and re-built it from scratch (I have Freeview on terrestrial, so it gets it directly from the transmission stream).

If you get your EPG via Internet downloads and have network problems I suppose it's possible that they may contribute to a corrupt EPG.

nirmies
18-03-16, 00:51
< 12104.138911> [eventData] EPG Cache is corrupt (eventData::~eventData), you should restart Enigma!I had that message a few weeks back and, IIRC, the box rebooted then. It also removed the epg cache file (there was none around when I looked for it to delete it) and re-built it from scratch (I have Freeview on terrestrial, so it gets it directly from the transmission stream).

If you get your EPG via Internet downloads and have network problems I suppose it's possible that they may contribute to a corrupt EPG.
Thanks for the reply.

I use cross epg so not sure if that is playing up or not.

I think I'm going to fresh usb flash again and set up from scratch. Then see what happens.

I think the network dropping was my internet as the jitter was fluctuating a lot when running the test. Today from what i noticed it only disconnected once maybe twice.