PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] cannot red and watch another channel

obihm25
13-03-16, 18:49
Hi any help I have xtrend 9500472884728947290 twin tuner configured it as follow connection: one cable to tuner 1, the other to output and the loop cable to tuner 2 and the other end to output, configuration: tuner A single and tuner B to loop to tuner A, yet I cannot record one channel and watch another except it is on the same transponder. I have also included image of the connection and configuration.

abu baniaz
13-03-16, 18:52
The cable in tuner B, loop out. Where does it go to or come from?

Ther is no need to discuss tuner configuration in your answer. We just need to establish what hardware it is attached to.

Trial
13-03-16, 19:51
Hi,
are you sure that you can only watch channel on the same transponder? With this cabling you are limited to one quadrant (high/horz, high/vert, low/horz, low/vert) which means that you should be able to watch a lot but not all channel while recording.

ciao

abu baniaz
13-03-16, 20:01
I have a funny feeling that the loop out cable on tuner B is from the satellite dish.

obihm25
15-03-16, 01:53
Hi trial i can watch a lot as you said but not preferred channels, what should I do to get what i want? here is the pic. of what I mean 4730847309

obihm25
15-03-16, 01:59
Hi Abu here is my connection one satellite cable to tuner 1RF and the other satellite cable to tuner 2 loop out, then the loop cable one to tuner 2 and the other to tuner one loop out, have I done it wrong? I can record one channel and watch some but the problem it that my choice is limited. thanks in advance.

abu baniaz
15-03-16, 02:10
The question was: "The cable in tuner B, loop out. Where does it go to or come from?"

If your answer is "Both cables come from a satellite dish pointing at 28.2". Then you have connected the wires incorrectly. There is no need for the loop out cable.

Hardware
Signal wire from 28.2 dish connected directly (i.e no splitters etc) to tuner A input
Signal wire from 28.2 dish connected directly (i.e no splitters etc) to tuner B input

Software (tuner config)
Tuner A = simple, single, 28.2
Tuner B = simple, single, 28.2

Please note: If you are using CCcam, you must use version 2.30.

obihm25
15-03-16, 02:13
Hi all any help with my remote used to use one remote on the xtrend and TV but after factory reset I cannot get it to work, any suggestion?

obihm25
15-03-16, 08:08
Thanks Abu it is a single dish, am using 2.3 version of CCcam

Andy_Hazza
15-03-16, 08:17
Thanks Abu it is a single dish, am using 2.3 version of CCcam

You mean a single feed from the dish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial
15-03-16, 08:44
Hi obihm25,
with only 1 cable but 2 tuner you do not have the complete choice of channels to watch while you record a program. This has nothing to do with software or settings it is a hardware limitation.

You should take a look where the channels are. If you record a channel in high band horizontal you can only watch channel which are also high band horizontal.

ciao

IAmATeaf
15-03-16, 11:54
You need 2 separate feeds from your dish, 1 to each of the tuners in order to record on one transponder and watch on another.

abu baniaz
15-03-16, 12:08
Information/advice people give is based on what people post.

I drew the conclusion that he has a shotgun cable (two cables stuck togther) from the dish. See post 6: "and the other satellite cable to tuner 2 loop out"

Trial
15-03-16, 13:05
Hi Abu,
picture of tuner configuration Tuner B = loop through to Tuner A so 1 cable and 2 Tuner.

ciao

abu baniaz
15-03-16, 13:25
Hi Abu,
picture of tuner configuration Tuner B = loop through to Tuner A so 1 cable and 2 Tuner.

ciao
Hello Trial,
If you look at cabling picture closely, you will see a second cable in the loop out/RF out port of tuner B. It has a silver f -plug. You can also see two cables in north east corner of picture.

I am guessing OP has changed them. I made a point of re-asking question about cable and pointing out that he did not answer it. But chap does not want to confirm.

Had someone connect a HDMI lead to a DM500 and wondering why there was no picture on TV. Connected it to the serial port.:sofahide:

Trial
15-03-16, 16:16
Hi Abu,

Had someone connect a HDMI lead to a DM500 and wondering why there was no picture on TV. Connected it to the serial port.
HDMI does not fit in serial port you must use VGA for that:-)

ciao

obihm25
15-03-16, 18:41
No it is double feed, what I mean is sky dish. with sky box I can record one channel and watch another.

abu baniaz
15-03-16, 18:49
You are not helping yourself with the way you answer. Let us know when you are ready to co-operate. It is you who needs the help.

IAmATeaf
15-03-16, 21:06
If he has a twin/shotgun cable then a simple re-cable is all that's needed but his replies are a bit confusing.

To the OP get rid of the small loop through cable and plug the feeds from your dish into the top connectors.

abu baniaz
15-03-16, 22:54
Hi Abu,

HDMI does not fit in serial port you must use VGA for that:-)

ciao
VGA is 15 pin. RS232 is 9 pin. See picture, where there is a will, there is a way.

Wrist slapped for thread spoiling.

Trial
16-03-16, 08:44
Hi,
if he has 2 cables then the cabling is confusing and tuner settings are wrong. So letīs wait until it is cleared up by thread starter.

ciao

manicscrewdriver
16-03-16, 18:53
Due to how an lnb works if you only have one feed from the dish you can only watch channels that are on the same polarity, ie VL, VH, HH, or HL.

The receiver uses either a 22khz tone to switch the lnb from the low band local oscillator to the high band local oscillator, i.e 9750 or 10600 and a voltage shift of around 13v or 18v dependent on if your watching a channel on a vertical or horizontal polarization.

If tuner 1 is tuned into a channel on a horizontal polarity (18v) and high band local oscillator (22Khz tone) and then tuner 2 then requests a channel on a vertical polarity (13v) and low band oscilator (no 22khz tone) as the 22khz tone and 18v is present from tuner 1 the lnb will just simply not see the request and will stay on the band asked for by tuner 1. You cannot watch more than one polarity from a single feed at a time, unless the feed is from a unicable system and the receiver is set up correctly.

If you want the full range of channels at the same time you need to take out the patch cable between tuner 1 and 2 and connect the second feed from the dish to the input on tuner 2.

You then need to set the tuner config correctly so it knows there is two individual feeds going into the box.

IAmATeaf
17-03-16, 16:41
VGA is 15 pin. RS232 is 9 pin. See picture, where there is a will, there is a way.

Wrist slapped for thread spoiling.
How is that even possible?

Might give a go later tonight when I'm bored [emoji1]