PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] no hdmi output

easymo3
12-03-16, 15:40
Guy's I do not think this is a vix image problem but there is no hdmi output from my solo2 genuine anymore.
It has been faultless for nearly 3 years, the other day I put an hdmi splitter into the output of the solo2 a a few days later there is no output.
Coult the splitter have caused this? I have emailed wos where I bought it from, steph told me it was nearlly 3 years old and therfore not under warranty.
The scart function work perfectly.
I have tries other leads and tried it on a different tv.
I have reflashed the box with the latest image and did a restore but the box would crash so i installed 3.2 032 and did an update, it seems ok now but no hdmi out still.
Any thoughts on this would be very welcome.
Thanks for reading.

Andy_Hazza
12-03-16, 15:49
Did you power off the Solo2 and TV before disconnecting the hdmi lead and placing the hdmi splitter etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easymo3
12-03-16, 15:51
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
I never powered off the system, do you think that might have damaged it?

cactikid
12-03-16, 16:01
fatal mistake never ever remove/insert leads/usb while powered on and that means all units like box and tv:eek::nono:

easymo3
12-03-16, 16:03
fatal mistake never ever remove/insert leads/usb while powered on and that means all units like box and tv:eek::nono:
OH, so it looks like I have damaged the hdmi, it looks like it is soldered to the motherboard so it would be a new motherboard.
Can I buy one from anywhere?

Andy_Hazza
12-03-16, 16:04
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
I never powered off the system, do you think that might have damaged it?

Yes it would have. A fatal judgment error that on your part I'm afraid. I know this as a friend of mine did exactly the same. Always always power off the receiver, tv etc when doing things like that. You will have blown something on the motherboard, thus the reason no display is working via the hdmi. [emoji20]

cactikid
12-03-16, 16:07
unsure if repairable go chat with a tv repair shop as they might guide you to see if repairable.

easymo3
12-03-16, 16:08
Yes it would have. A fatal judgment error that on your part I'm afraid. I know this as a friend of mine did exactly the same. Always always power off the receiver, tv etc when doing things like that. You will have blown something on the motherboard, thus the reason no display is working via the hdmi. [emoji20]

Thanks for that.
I thought that would be the case, I think I will just ude the scart connection until I decide which new stb to get.

Andy_Hazza
12-03-16, 16:11
The Vu+ Solo2 is a cracking receiver, still a big fave of mine.

DaMacFunkin
12-03-16, 18:17
Can I ask for what reason you inserted a hdmi splitter?

easymo3
12-03-16, 20:00
Can I ask for what reason you inserted a hdmi splitter?

I had it running in 2 places at the same time.
It did work perfectly but not any more!

gerrykiddy
12-03-16, 20:57
For such a drastic outcome I would have thought that VUplus would have given a warning in the official manual. No such warning and if it is such a well known fact, as suggested here, then it should not be difficult to prove that VUplus are negligent is not giving such a warning. Would be interesting to at least get their opinion. Sorry for your loss.

easymo3
12-03-16, 21:55
For such a drastic outcome I would have thought that VUplus would have given a warning in the official manual. No such warning and if it is such a well known fact, as suggested here, then it should not be difficult to prove that VUplus are negligent is not giving such a warning. Would be interesting to at least get their opinion. Sorry for your loss.

You have a good point. With it being a premium product and not cheap, I paid by credit card so i think I might make a claim under section 75 of the consumer credit act.
It will not be cheap to replace so I might as well have a go.

Tkr001
12-03-16, 22:15
If you added the splitter and it worked for a few days after I don't think that was the cause. It it was it would have stopped working immediately. Have you tried removing the splitter? Have you tried a new Hdmi cable?

easymo3
12-03-16, 22:21
If you added the splitter and it worked for a few days after I don't think that was the cause. It it was it would have stopped working immediately. Have you tried removing the splitter? Have you tried a new Hdmi cable?

yes, splitter has been removed, brand new v2.0 hdmi cable used aswell, it must be hardware related because I have reflashed several times, even put black hole and atv on it for a short period.

Andy_Hazza
12-03-16, 23:07

Its not just Vu+, can be any devices. Bottom line is you should never ever remove any components while your devices are on, simple as.

DaMacFunkin
13-03-16, 09:18
I had it running in 2 places at the same time.
It did work perfectly but not any more!

My thought was and still is that the splitter has damaged the pin 8 synch on your HDMI output, and now your devices cant read that a HDMI signal is being sent, i don't want to presume but did you get this device from ebay, or was it some cheap Chinese thing?

Andy_Hazza
13-03-16, 10:07
Guy's I do not think this is a vix image problem but there is no hdmi output from my solo2 genuine anymore.
It has been faultless for nearly 3 years, the other day I put an hdmi splitter into the output of the solo2 a a few days later there is no output.
Coult the splitter have caused this? I have emailed wos where I bought it from, steph told me it was nearlly 3 years old and therfore not under warranty.
The scart function work perfectly.
I have tries other leads and tried it on a different tv.
I have reflashed the box with the latest image and did a restore but the box would crash so i installed 3.2 032 and did an update, it seems ok now but no hdmi out still.
Any thoughts on this would be very welcome.
Thanks for reading.

Have you tried another HDMI port without the splitter?

easymo3
13-03-16, 11:22
My thought was and still is that the splitter has damaged the pin 8 synch on your HDMI output, and now your devices cant read that a HDMI signal is being sent, i don't want to presume but did you get this device from ebay, or was it some cheap Chinese thing?
Yep, I am afraid I did get a cheap one from ebay, what you are saying is that it might be repairable?
I had an image that was very grainey when I set it to 480p with no audio before it went altogether.

easymo3
13-03-16, 11:23
Have you tried another HDMI port without the splitter?

Yes I have tried just about everything possible, something has happened to the solo2 within the hdmi output

easymo3
13-03-16, 11:53
47272I have just taken the box into the garage and gave it a bit of a blow out.
I now have a picture in 480 with no audio
picture is not watchable but there may be some hope!
i have put a screen shot of what I have.

cactikid
13-03-16, 12:14
tut tut using dirty air will damage circuit boards will all those foreign bodies in the air,if your box needs a blow job i would use a can of compressed air suitable for laptops cleaning.
might be a repair agent near you?