PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Zero: Tuner says nothing connected!

GrJaLeCo
11-03-16, 20:06
I have 2 cables going into my SKY box and both receive a signal.

Both cables have the center copper wire being almost flush with the end of the connector. When I wind the connector onto the Zero, straight away the cable starts to come out the back of the connector! I've tried trimming it but still I get no signal!

If I remove the connector from the cable and manually hold it onto the Zero I still get no signal! Will the Satellite Settings menu option which shows the Satellite "nothing connected" message update when I hold the cable in place or do I need to reboot? Even returning to the previous menu then going back in doesn't update the message.

Putting them both back into my SKY box and both tuners work.

Any ideas?

twol
11-03-16, 20:29
My connectors have the copper wire just popping over the edge and I also diagonally clip them so they slip into the holes more easily ...... I guess your copper wire is not slipping into the female connection, so you are forcing out the cable.
You should also make sure you have the correct diameter connector for your cable so you can tightly screw them onto the cable ... And a bit of tape wrapped tightly around cable and connector can help.

abu baniaz
11-03-16, 20:40
what have you configured the tuner as?

GrJaLeCo
11-03-16, 20:41
I've tried removing the connector and carefully pushing the copper wire in. First it meets a little resistance and then it goes in. I've pushed it in as far as it will go and it still says that nothing connected :( I've rebooted and still nothing connected. :(

I didn't think I'd struggle at connecting it up! :confused:

GrJaLeCo
11-03-16, 20:45
what have you configured the tuner as?

I've pressed menu button on remote and then Setup\Service Searching\Tuner Configuration and it says "Tuner A BCM7362 DVB-S2 NIM (DVB-S2) not configured". I then press right OK on remote and it says "Configuration mode Not configured". I then press right cursor on remote and it says "simple mode" and "satellite nothing connected" and "send DiSEqC" no. If I was connected OK I'd assume it would say something other than "Satellite nothing connected"?

abu baniaz
11-03-16, 20:57
set it as simple, single, 28.2

GrJaLeCo
11-03-16, 21:05
set it as simple, single, 28.2

Haha I've been a plum! I didn't try the cursor left/right on the satellite option! I thought it would just pick it up. Thank you "abu baniaz" it now says I have a signal "SNR 99%, AGC 78%, BER 0% and Lock is ticked.

Scanning revealed just 10 channels "Channel 4 (6 times), Film4, Film4+1, More4+1 and c4". Is that right?

GrJaLeCo
11-03-16, 21:15
Date time correct and no channel showing and EPG empty!

Ah done a AutoBout thingy setup, but not a scan, so gonna try that now. Fingers crossed I'll actually get to see something after this :)

abu baniaz
11-03-16, 21:29
You probably just scanned one transponder and not the whole satellite. Use autobouquetsmaker, it will "scan" (for sake of simplicity) and also make your bouquets. Here is a video for setting up Freesat. You can also set for Sky UK. In your region, select the one with "custom" at the end.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48368-How-to-setup-AutobouquetsMaker-for-FreeSat-UK-using-OpenViX

We are discusing channels at the moment. Best to discuss EPG later. But here is a video

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45605-How-to-setup-7-DAY-EPG-with-Crossepg-for-Astra-28-2-Video-Guide

GrJaLeCo
11-03-16, 22:44
You we're right. After a scan all channels appeared :)

EPG did show all FReesat and Sky UK channels, but after popping out and coming back it shows descriptions and everything :) Sky channels seem to be gone though.

Assume I can order the channels to be Freesat first then Sky and even hide certain channels?

GrJaLeCo
12-03-16, 18:33
I've placed a USB 64GB stick in the back of the Zero and when I press pause on the remote it doesn't pause instead I get a symbol (circle with line through) shown on the screen to indicate it's not possible.

Any ideas please?

Willmoore
12-03-16, 19:34
Has it been formatted (initialised) to ext4 ?

GrJaLeCo
12-03-16, 20:52
Yes and the strange thing is if I set a timer to record (in this example "in the night garden") then it works. However, pausing still gives the symbol and doesn't work! Do I have to turn on live pause somewhere?

When I look at the list of recordings it's all scrunched up! Is there a OpenVix setting to adjust this or is this something I just have to get used to?

john doe
12-03-16, 20:52
has been mounted properly. I remember using a usb and all I ever had was issues. you can look in timeshift setting

Willmoore
12-03-16, 22:05
Yes and the strange thing is if I set a timer to record (in this example "in the night garden") then it works. However, pausing still gives the symbol and doesn't work! Do I have to turn on live pause somewhere?

When I look at the list of recordings it's all scrunched up! Is there a OpenVix setting to adjust this or is this something I just have to get used to?

When in recordings press MENU and in settings you can alter the number of rows. Also you can check mounts etc

GrJaLeCo
16-03-16, 20:24
Thanks Willmoore. My setting was set to 20 , so I changed it to 30 and it compressed more so setting it to 8 and it looked great :)

GrJaLeCo
16-03-16, 20:26
I can record to USB and have something listed in my recordings, so I know it works. However, trying to pause live tv and I get the icon in the top right on the screen which is a circle with a line through it. So, basically telling me it's not possible.

Can I record and pause on same stick or do I need 2 sticks in the receiver (1 for recordings and 1 for pause)?

abu baniaz
16-03-16, 20:31
The default is to use the same device.

Best to enable debug logs, reboot receiver. Repeat action, tarnsfer debug log to PC, upload debug log to thread.

GrJaLeCo
17-03-16, 00:30
I've managed to work it out. I went to Setup\ViX\Mount Manager and selected the option to use my USB as a HDD and then it started working.

I can now record (with loads of options) and pause then rewind/fast forward.

Question is can I at any point (when not paused) get it to rewind? With Sly you can rewind to any point that you've been on that channel.

Any ideas?

judge
17-03-16, 00:37
Enable TimeShift.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Timeshift settings -> Automatically start timeshift after...
Then restart.

GrJaLeCo
17-03-16, 09:27
Thank you judge. That worked a treat :)