PDA

View Full Version : Sotware Update - Green Arrow - Putty

ctbc
11-03-16, 11:23
I have read a lot of posts which explain that the flashing green arrow is a "software update available" icon. I believe I then need to run this command in PUTTY to see what updates are available "opkg update && opkg list upgradable"

I then get this:

Help, what do I do now ?

bellejt
11-03-16, 11:26
just go via menu-setup-software update.There you can choose to see the updates before updating

ctbc
11-03-16, 11:52
just go via menu-setup-software update.There you can choose to see the updates before updating

Which option do I press 1 2 3 4 or 5 ?

Ashley69
11-03-16, 12:02
1. View changes.

ctbc
11-03-16, 12:13
This is what I get:

bellejt
11-03-16, 12:29
your on latest version so no update should be seen.Do not now where you get that image from.Maybe an application ?

ctbc
11-03-16, 12:41
your on latest version so no update should be seen.Do not now where you get that image from.Maybe an application ?

So what does running "opkg update && opkg list upgradable" actually achieve ?

abu baniaz
11-03-16, 15:51
If you are using Ocram's picon feeds, you will be notifed of an update but won't know what it is. The picons are not intertwined with the image, this is why you cannot see what the update is/are. For other stuff in the image you will be able to. 037 is the last in image in the series, so there will be no more updates.

It just so happens that I can tell you what the last updates were. SNP references for crime and invetigation plus 1 and HD were added.

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

ctbc
11-03-16, 17:37
Thank You, so what is my next step to update the available update ?

DaMacFunkin
11-03-16, 17:40
If there is no option in plug ins to upgrade ocram directly, I would uninstall the feed, then re install the feed.

abu baniaz
11-03-16, 18:02

Perform the upgrade and reboot

Ashley69
11-03-16, 18:06
Follow the software update menu. Pretty Straight forward.