PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] How to manually download from Openvix feeds

MarsArtis
10-03-16, 11:39
I would like to store on my pc some drivers and extensions. Just because sometimes in the future my present recievers will become outdated and I would like to keep on my archives the needed software/drivers for them (usb tuners etc).

Which is the actual path of the feeds? Is it browsable?
And does exist an archive for legacy Vix versions (I'd like to try and test some old images because for some functions they were more "useful").

Trial
10-03-16, 14:17
Hi,
easiest way is telnet to your box and then cd /tmp and opkg download packetname.

ciao

MarsArtis
10-03-16, 14:29
Hi,
easiest way is telnet to your box and then cd /tmp and opkg download packetname.

ciao

this way you should be knowing what to download and it's actual name

But how to browse?

And still, is there a legacy archive?

bbbuk
10-03-16, 15:42
Try:

cd /tmp
opkg update
opkg list > opkglist.txt

This then saves in /tmp folder a list of available packages in text file named "opkglist.txt". Just use a text editor to read it.

Also, to see what is installed on your box replace last command with:

opkg list-installed > installed.txt

Please remember the "tmp" folder location is just a temporary folder and therefore any files saved there may be removed. To keep any specific files then simply FTP them from /tmp folder to your pc/laptop.

birdman
10-03-16, 16:35
But how to browse?Directory browsing is forbidden on the feeds server, so it doesn't look as though you can.

And still, is there a legacy archive?At least some old files are still there (e.g. http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/Hades/oe-git.log), but you'd need to know the url to get to each one.

s2tephen
10-03-16, 17:25
Is there any other way or places to download these files.
Are they saved somewhere on the box. If so where.
Are these files / addons opensource ?

twol
10-03-16, 17:34
Is there any other way or places to download these files.
Are they saved somewhere on the box. If so where.
Are these files / addons opensource ?

Every time there is a new build, the feeds are also rebuilt ... and the only thing on your box are the plugins/skins etc that you have downloaded from the feeds.
If you google, you may find some things on the internet, but then the question will be are they compatible with your image?

twol
10-03-16, 17:36
I would like to store on my pc some drivers and extensions. Just because sometimes in the future my present recievers will become outdated and I would like to keep on my archives the needed software/drivers for them (usb tuners etc).

Which is the actual path of the feeds? Is it browsable?
And does exist an archive for legacy Vix versions (I'd like to try and test some old images because for some functions they were more "useful").
The only way that I know is to build your own image(s) and then you can save the feeds that are built .... but you would have to keep a pretty tight admin to correlate image:feeds :)

birdman
10-03-16, 18:14
I would like to store on my pc some drivers and extensions. Just because sometimes in the future my present recievers will become outdated and I would like to keep on my archives the needed software/drivers for them (usb tuners etc).So until that day comes you don't need to worry about it.
When it does, then as twol (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?26841-twol) has said, you could build your own image from those final source files and save the ipk files from that. Assuming you have a suitable Linux distro available (and if you only have MS Windows you could set one up in VirtualBox). It takes <3hours to build from scratch on my 4-core laptop.

Trial
10-03-16, 18:21
Hi,
I think 3hours only if the toolchain is already there. It can also take >1day with a slow internet to build the toolchain.

ciao

birdman
10-03-16, 18:35
Hi,
I think 3hours only if the toolchain is already there. It can also take >1day with a slow internet to build the toolchain.

ciaoWell, I've done it from scratch (twice) recently. I have a ~15Mb/s Internet connexion, but it runs things in parallel, so once it has downloaded something it can get on with building it while downloading something else.

MarsArtis
10-03-16, 19:18
So until that day comes you don't need to worry about it.
When it does, then as twol (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?26841-twol) has said, you could build your own image from those final source files and save the ipk files from that. Assuming you have a suitable Linux distro available (and if you only have MS Windows you could set one up in VirtualBox). It takes <3hours to build from scratch on my 4-core laptop.

It would never happen to me :D

twol
10-03-16, 19:56
Well if you keep your Source folder (containing git/zip downloads) then it doesn,t take as long to build first time, and if the changes are minimal on the next build probably 10 minutes.

Huevos
10-03-16, 23:22
Well, I've done it from scratch (twice) recently. I have a ~15Mb/s Internet connexion, but it runs things in parallel, so once it has downloaded something it can get on with building it while downloading something else.Takes a while for us because we are building 60 machines. If you already have ./sources it should be less than 3 hours.