PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Zero] Black screen after flash

regy101
09-03-16, 19:04
Hi. I received my Vu Zero but it was delivered with orioginal firmware and not openvix. I downloaded openvix 3.2.037 and tried to flash. It seemed to follow the flash process but repeatedly stayed on slow flashing LED for 30 mins. Guide says it should take 2-4 mins and ok to power off after 10 minutes. Rebooted and initial boot screen appeared but soon went off then just a black screen. Front LED flashes if i press the remote control buttons but no picture, tried with Openvix 3.2.036 but still the same. It seems to go through the flash process but does not seem to boot new image, any ideas?

Fuzzy
10-03-16, 00:29
Where is the Zero from?

regy101
10-03-16, 09:49
This site sponsor - will it need the new bootloader?

wullboy
10-03-16, 11:15
Follow this guide m8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44889-How-to-flash-a-Vu-Zero&highlight=HOW+FLASH+ZERO

regy101
10-03-16, 13:53
?H

Hi, thanks for the link. Thats the link I followed when flashing the Vu Zero. I am going to try and load the bootlader from Feb 2015 see if that helps. Flashing back to default Vu image worked ok its only when trying to flash openvix 3.2 I have issues and black screen. Responds to remote clicks though which seems like its booting but no video output. I even tried the RCA output and still black screen so that eliminates problem with HDMI.

regy101
12-03-16, 09:20
Hi. Tried updating bootloader and installing openvix again. It starts the update process and the white LED fades in and out. Left it for 30 mins and still the same. Tried 3 different USB sticks and none would finish the process. I rebooted the box and it loads the initial splash screen then goes black, again the LED will flash when i press the remote. When i flash the Vu default firmware back on it works. Am I doing something wrong? or any ideas? Thanks