PDA

View Full Version : Flashing circle on LCD screen

ctbc
09-03-16, 16:52
Hi, I have a Flashing circle in a square on the VFD screen

I thought it was a "recording" symbol

How do I stop it ?

UPDATE

After even more searching, it seems to be and indication that an update is available !

ctbc
09-03-16, 19:09
It seems it was a picon update

Flyingpig
09-03-16, 20:57
Yep it is a sympbol saying an update s available. You can turn this off in the menu though.

Thanks,

FP>

avi68
04-08-16, 10:17
Hi guys,

I've just purchased a duo2 and I wanted to know if there is a way to disable the flashing update icon and the flashing recording icon on the vfd screen?

Thanks

bellejt
04-08-16, 11:12
turn autoupdate off and for flashing record I set mine to stable so I see there is a recording going on but the anoying blinking is gone.I can send my vfd file later today if needed.

Larry-G
04-08-16, 16:08
There is not and has never been a auto update feature in ViX. You have a update check system that will check the server and show any updates available but it will never automatically update any thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bellejt
04-08-16, 16:12
nobody talks about about automatic update.I see that a part off my response was missing.:confused:

Larry-G
04-08-16, 16:16
nobody talks about about automatic update.I see that a part off my response was missing.:confused:
You stated automatic updates and I corrected you. New users reading your reply may think the image automatically updates the image when it does not. Hence my correcting you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

avi68
04-08-16, 16:54
turn autoupdate off and for flashing record I set mine to stable so I see there is a recording going on but the anoying blinking is gone.I can send my vfd file later today if needed.

Do you mean the update interval check? Turn that off?

And if you could send me the vfd file or tell me what option to change, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Andy_Hazza
04-08-16, 17:21
Do you mean the update interval check? Turn that off?

And if you could send me the vfd file or tell me what option to change, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Its in the settings. Go to menu, setup, system and look for software update and turn it off within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellejt
04-08-16, 17:21
no problem Larry-G.Glad you noticed it.I am dutch so confusion could happen while typing answers and correcting.What happend and the word "check" just dissapered.

avi68
04-08-16, 17:43
Its in the settings. Go to menu, setup, system and look for software update and turn it off within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, just the recording light for the vfd now. Will wait for bellejt for that one

bellejt
04-08-16, 17:55
iin attach a file where REC is not blinking but stable.Unzip the file and place it in a directory made by you under usr/share/enigma2/display/vfd "your name" .Then the file will not be replaced after updating.

avi68
05-08-16, 06:20
iin attach a file where REC is not blinking but stable.Unzip the file and place it in a directory made by you under usr/share/enigma2/display/vfd "your name" .Then the file will not be replaced after updating.

Thanks a lot mate. Will give it a go later :)

bellejt
05-08-16, 07:16
afterwords do not forget to choose your skin and reboot box

avi68
05-08-16, 20:03

Ok so I extracted the zip file and copied the xml file to usr/share/enigma2/display/vfd_recording_light. I restarted the whole box but its still the same:confused:

I also applied the skin and then rebooted like you said but still nothing. Im clearly doing something wrong?