PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Random Spinning Vix

nirmies
08-03-16, 18:16
This has happened a few times now when watching any channel randomly spinning vix appears in top left hand corner and just stays there spinning. This happens at least once a week. It can appear after a few minutes of viewing or a few hours or not at all for a few days.

The remote becomes unresponsive and the picture and sound remain normal. The only way to get out of this is pressing the power button on front of the box or using the power rocker switch on the back.

I have no plugins installed apart from whatever comes with the image cross epg etc.

This has happened on a few builds now and if I remember correctly it started on build 035.

Andy_Hazza
09-03-16, 07:25
Do you have a swap file enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nirmies
09-03-16, 10:44
Yes i do but only recently set that up over the last few days after reading the forum.

aradialk
11-03-16, 16:35
Thanks for the thread, I do experience this problem on my TM Nano 3T and the TM Twin Oe is there any solution to this problem?

Regards

Bangord30
11-03-16, 18:34
Try installing the cache flush plugin too

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

nirmies
11-03-16, 23:20
I can report that it has not happened since i have posted but expect it to sooner rather than later. I have made no changes.

Out of curiosity did anything show up in the log i attached?

When it happens again i will attach relevant log, then after that try the plugin recommended.

abu baniaz
12-03-16, 00:21
The spinners were during EPG processes. These are memory intensive, hence the spinners. The swap file will help.

Bangord30
12-03-16, 08:35
When I had a low memory box I found crossepg to be more power hungry than xmltv so moved to that and helped. Plus I could watch while it was running

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk