PDA

View Full Version : No Satellite Signal

eggie99
07-03-16, 20:11
Hi all
I am experienced person with boxes but this strange thing has happened. Moved home and before that all 4 tuners working OK 2 sat 2 cable. Now in new home and went to set up gigablue quad plus . Connected all sat leads and cables didn't change no settings as box before OK now I get Tune Failed and no sat channels no signal in sat finder. But if I use same cables with Sky I get 80% signal and same cables with TV it has sat tuner built in it also works fine but gigablue not picking up sat signal tried my old vu solo and same problem no sat signal. Has I said same cables give me 80% signal on Sky but 0 on gigablue.

Please someone help me to sort this problem out giving me headaches. Work in Sky but not in gigablue.

Thanks
Eggie

john doe
07-03-16, 20:20
what is your tuner setup. are you using cable usb tuner or 2x DVB-C/T/T2

eggie99
07-03-16, 20:37
Hi
I'm using 2 sat tuners unbuilt and 2 cable tuners plus and play no USB tuners.

Thanks
Eggie

john doe
07-03-16, 20:45
i assume you have cable where you are? check the cables and see if they are loose

eggie99
07-03-16, 21:00
Hi
I have cable where I am but cable not the issue at moment no connection with vermin until 15th April. So issue is with satellite no signal.being received cables OK as if I use same cable on Sky I get 80% signal. At moment using the same cable to.watch free channels on Sky so cable not problem something wrong with gigablue it's not seeing the sat signal but was OK before I moved last week. No.settings changed.

I need help why gigablue is not seeing the sat signal .

Any help gladly appreciated.

Thanks
Eggie

twol
07-03-16, 21:27
1) how are the tuners configured.
2) take cable to Sky tuner 2 and connect to tuner A on the GB.
3) check on the Sky box that you are seeing signal on both cables.....
4) on GB does it show no signal on both tuners (flip between them)

Could be you only have one good cable connection. :)

eggie99
07-03-16, 21:54
Hi
Tuners both configured to single sat astra 28.2E and yes I have checked both cables with Sky and gigablue both cables on Sky show 80% signal and no signal on gigablue tried swapping cables over from tuner A to tuner B but still the same problem. I even tried them in my old vu solo 2 and same problem.no signal so it's something down to signal side of things as both boxes working fine before the move. Funny thing same cable being used now in Sky and signal over 80% to view FTA on Sky and that fine but if put it in gigablue no signal and same with vu solo 2.

I'm baffled desperately need help.

Thanks
Eggie

twol
08-03-16, 09:25
As much as I hate Sky boxes, their tuners are usually pretty good! ... But this is a crazy situation. So maybe (?) the signal is too strong for the GB (I have seen many times a Sky box showing about 80% max even when the signal is better than that) ....... Sounds crazy but over here (continental europe) where we play with marginal signals and large dishes, several of the guys have ended up with attentuators in the loop depending on the Lnb and cable lengths ..... I am assuming your cable length is not that long and that you have a normal Sky dish plus lnb (s) on the roof with nothing in between?
Attentuators are dirt cheap and at least worth a try,

eggie99
08-03-16, 16:14
Hi
Cable length is quite long about 50 or 60 feet will try and buy attenuator and check if not one thing I will try is to align the dish against the gigabyte box and see what happens . Also dish not that high up about 7 or 8 feet off the ground.

Thanks
Eggie

john doe
08-03-16, 17:34
Hi
Cable length is quite long about 50 or 60 feet will try and buy attenuator and check if not one thing I will try is to align the dish against the gigabyte box and see what happens . Also dish not that high up about 7 or 8 feet off the ground.

Thanks
Eggie

the dish does need to be above 10 feet up or more. have you recently flashed the box recently or same setup from the old house? if flashed recently try re-flashing. like you say try re-aligning the dish.

mann
08-03-16, 18:02
the dish does need to be above 10 feet up or more. have you recently flashed the box recently or same setup from the old house? if flashed recently try re-flashing. like you say try re-aligning the dish.

No it dont just had sky install my dish and its about 5 feet of the ground put by my lounge window as i live in a bungalow..

john doe
08-03-16, 19:54
check the signal and connections from lnb and double check the alignment. you may need someone to move is high up to pick a signal. was the dish already there when you moved or did someone put it up?

eggie99
08-03-16, 20:42
Hi all
Tried re aligning the dish and decreased the signal to about 30% Sky fine both cables on sky fine about 30% each but the both cables give me 0 signal on gigabyte and vu solo 2 but both fine before move. I aligned dish with sat meter so signal is OK. I have seen dishes about 4 or 5 feet off the ground and fine. Last dish about 9 or 10 feet off the ground and worked perfect on both boxes. So back to square one only thing left to test boxes on a different system incase tuners faulty but both boxes tuners can't have gone faulty in move but you never know. Will test soon and see what's going on.

Thanks
Eggie

eggie99
09-03-16, 00:02
Hi all
Checked boxes at friends and tuners OK but for some reason gigabyte quad plus only picking up.a small selection of channels only about 129 out of about 650 channels sky has so that a bit baffling but at least I know tuners OK. Still same no signal at home tune failed but same cables work on Sky fine using them now to watch ft a channels. So this is a mystery to me .

Any help.welcome
Eggie

twol
09-03-16, 08:09
Its certainly not the dish height (off the ground), as long as it has a clear line of sight to the satellites it can be on the ground :)
Although at friends you are picking up channels, it should pick up the lot without issue, so something is not correct .....
If you sure of your channel settings on the GB have you tried a selection of channels with different requirements eg H or V and see if its still no signal?

john doe
09-03-16, 09:11
are you using ABM or canning as normal or other method. what image are you on?

eggie99
09-03-16, 21:40
Hi all
Tried H and V still the same no signal at all I try and scan the channels manually as ABM keeps saying Tuner Timeout Lock but it was OK before I moved I used to use ABM. I am using Vix image 3.0 I think I know it's the latest build of Vix image. It's just a strange predicament I'm in gigabyte fine at friends cables I use get about 30% Signal on Sky I decreases the signal.from 30 to 80% to.see If gigablue picks signal up but still the same nothing on gigablue also same on vu Solo 2 no signal fine before the move.

Only other I can think of is the change cable from thin type Sky use to thick type and see if that makes any difference but was using the thin type at old address so don't know if that will help.

Thanks
Eggie

twol
09-03-16, 21:51
I would re-cut the cable at the receiver end and make sure that the connectors are seated properly and that the screening is properly separated from the central core ..... Its almost like the connectors are not seating properly into the GB .. If you understand what I mean:) ... and so although you are screwing them on they are not making any connection inside the GB

eggie99
10-03-16, 20:54
Hi
Thanks for the advice tried that and still same so tomorrow but thicker cable and bring in a whole new line from dish and see if that makes any difference .
Will let u all know

Thanks
Eggie

GrJaLeCo
11-03-16, 19:51
I'm having an issue too ....

I've taken the LNB 2 cable out the back of my SKY box and attached it to the port on the VU+ Zero. However, the copper cable sticks out quite far and meets teh end of the connector which seems to long for my Zero ... I wind on the connector and the cable pops out.

Is it just a case of trimming the copper wire or is there something I'm missing here?

eggie99
13-03-16, 02:28
Hi all
Tried new cable from dish and still no.signal.iin gigabyte but getting a fluctuating signal on vulnerable solo 2 quality good on vulnerable solo 2 but strength fluctuates from 20% to 70% not steady like a countdown timer running from 20 to 70 vice versa . So don't know what to do know stuck in deep hole can't get out all good before my move to new home.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Eggie

eggie99
13-03-16, 02:30
Hi Jaleco
Try trimming copper wire seems too long for the vu box . Can always make new connection if need be just try it and see if it works.

Thanks
Eggie

stick50jr
13-03-16, 06:13
Maybe the lnb's at the new site are different to the ones at the old site. Universal, or specific LO? Continuous band or dual band etc. There are lots of different lnb's available... Was the Sky box & TV in use at the old house, or were they part of the new house (and correctly installed to these particular lnb's).

eggie99
13-03-16, 18:23
Maybe the lnb's at the new site are different to the ones at the old site. Universal, or specific LO? Continuous band or dual band etc. There are lots of different lnb's available... Was the Sky box & TV in use at the old house, or were they part of the new house (and correctly installed to these particular lnb's).

Hi Sticky
It's the same dish took it down and reput it up at new address good signal tried two different positions and still the same problem Sky getting good signal about 60% and about 80% quality so when use the same cables in gigabyte no signal gone to mates tuners OK they pick up a signal there so can't work out what's the matter at new address.

Any help welcome

Thanks
Eggie

TK4|2|1
13-03-16, 18:43
You say signal good on sky box, are you getting a picture or are you just looking at signal?

abu baniaz
13-03-16, 19:00
Those signal strength/quality values are not consistent throughout the thread.

eggie99
15-03-16, 16:26
Hi
Yes getting perfect picture on sky but nothing on gigablue no signal at all.

Thanks
Eggie

eggie99
15-03-16, 16:29
Those signal strength/quality values are not consistent throughout the thread.

Hi
Yes I know been moving dish about to see if gigablue box picks the signal up but it doesn't at moment tweaked dish again and now signal on LNB 1 on Sky 100% and 80% quality but still no signal.

Thanks
Eggie

eggie99
15-03-16, 16:31
Hi all
Decided to contact WOS for help as box still under warranty emailed them after phone call and wait for reply and see what they say.

Will update when get reply as moment Tech Guy out of country so need to wait till he back.

Thanks
Eggie

Andy_Hazza
15-03-16, 19:14
Try an older ViX build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggie99
16-03-16, 14:02
Try an older ViX build.

Hi
Thanks for advice will try to nite after work and see if that helps. I did try hades build for gigablue but that the same.

Will let u all know
Thanks everyone who helped so far gladly appreciate it

Thanks
Eggie

Andy_Hazza
16-03-16, 14:19
Hades is old. Try ViX but try 3.2-015, something like that. [emoji4]

eggie99
17-03-16, 20:29
Hades is old. Try ViX but try 3.2-015, something like that. [emoji4]

Hi Andy
Williams try Vixen build to nite still waiting for reply from WOS no one in contact yet.

Thanks
Eggie

eggie99
19-03-16, 12:58
Hi all
Got reply from WOS and they said send box back to them as 90% both cable and sat tuners faulty. I did a experiment to check if my techno mate motor was receiving signal from gigablue quad and it wasn't I knew motor OK and just to double check I checked it against Sky box and it received a signal from that so basically tuners have gone faulty on box all of a sudden don't know how but they have.
Any way sent to WOS today fully insured and tracked cost 19.44 to send 2nd class first class was 27.46 which was too much so sent 2nd class.

Wait reply from WOS after testing the box will let you all know outcome of box.

Thanks
Eggie

Andrew007
06-06-20, 11:22
HI Guys,

I know this is an OLD thread but maybe people searching for a solution will read it and solve their issues with Signal on ZGemma Receivers.!

I Kept sending mine back to Seller who constantly told me on his Setup and Tests it worked, SO i was totally frustrated.
I DO NOT give up easily so I got another the Fifth Box and after trying out this method below the Tuners kicked IN and are now working 100%.!!!!!

I had many problems regarding this issue with the Signal on a LOT of ZGemma receivers.
Mine was the Zgemma H7S with Triple Tuners, 2x DVB-S2X and 1x C-T2
I SOLVED my issue by UNSCREWING and taking OFF the Cable with f-connector from Rear and then putting it back ON but NOT
tightening too much, LEAVE it pretty loose.!!!!

DON'T tighten it so MUCH that it reaches MAX.!!!!!!!
This brought my signal back straight away.!!!!
It was driving me NUTS because ALL other Receivers I tried on the same Cable worked great NO problems whatsoever.
Hope this Helps.

AJP