PDA

View Full Version : problem with hard drive

sherry
31-12-10, 10:01
Hi Guys.

I have just changed my hard drive and on it i have my swap file, picons, and i can pause and rewind tv but cant record.

When i try to record i get a message saying no hdd found or hdd not initialized.

Any help would be great.

Maxwell
31-12-10, 10:24
Did you Partition it then format and mount it in the VU+

sherry
31-12-10, 13:33
Hi m8.

I had it in my pc so i formated it and mounted it in vu+ but i get an error when i try to mount it.

Because other things where working on the hdd i thought it was ok until i tried to record on it.

Maxwell
31-12-10, 13:48
No I meant you have to repartition it and format it once fitted in the VU then mount it. the vu is not seeing it properly because it cannot read the boot sector but can see the file system.

If you are using Vix
Short blue>vix>devices manager> highlight the drive then press yellow once finished format it then do a full reboot, it should then be ok
Check afterwards by Short blue>vix>devices manager> it should show up as Device:/dev/sda1 mount:/media/hdd type:linux

sherry
31-12-10, 14:52
Thank you for the info m8.

I have carried out what you have said and when i try to record i get the same message.

When i look at the drive in devices manager it shows everything as you described.

Is there something else that could be wrong?

Maxwell
31-12-10, 15:00
Do this menu>setup>system>harddisk> initialisation

sherry
31-12-10, 18:42
Thank you m8.

It took a few attampts but it eventualy worked.

All the best for the new year.

Cheers!!!