PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Programme title containing ampersand

leshay
06-03-16, 17:01
Hi

I am using a self made PC application to interact with my PVR. It has been in use and trouble free for several weeks now - until today.

I am having trouble sending a Timer for the programme "Penn & Teller". The ampersand in the title is causing my issue. I have sending tried various escape characters - such as \ and ^, and single/double quoted the title with/without escape characters, but non seem to work, usually ending up with a Timer set correctly but with the title truncated to the point before the ampersand - example
Penn ^

Can anyone offer a way that I can send this title correctly. I'm sure it must be my fault and it could 'never' be VIX/PVR at fault :eek:

One example complete string being sent:
http://192.168.1.68/web/timeradd?sRef=1:0:1:1E15:809:2:11A0000:0:0:0:&begin=1457295001&end=1457297700&name=New: Penn \& Teller: Fool Us in...&description...Vegas. Entertaining magic competition hosted by Jonathan Ross. Brian Brushwood, Simon Pierro, Handsome Jack, and Kyle Knight and Mistie try to baffle Penn & Teller with their best tricks. (S1...[S]&dirname=/hdd/movie/

birdman
06-03-16, 17:12
You're trying to send & in a URI, where it is also being used as a parameter-separator for arguments.
So you need to URI-escape it.

Send %26, i.e. % followed by the ASCII code for the character in hex.

leshay
06-03-16, 17:42
Hi

Yes, that was it. I had been looking in entirely the wrong place.