PDA

View Full Version : Two Recommendations Required for New Sat Box

Daviemck
06-03-16, 02:45
I thought I'd start by asking for your trusted advice, I therefore ask you for two recommendations.

I have a sky disk with multi-lnb. I do not have any VM cable to my house. I am looking for a new box that is multi-tuner (so I can record and watch at the same time) and that I can time-shift and records, preferably with an internal drive, but if push come to shove, I can use a USB drive.

If money were not object, which Satellite Receiver box would you recommend I buy
On a budget of say £150, which Satellite Receiver box would you recommend I buy

:cool::cool:
Davie Mc

kryton
06-03-16, 03:00
If i was on a £150 budget i would strongly advise the Xtrend et8000.
Upto 3 plug and play tuners and supports 2.5" and 3.5" internal sata hard drives and meets all your requirements.
I have 1, very fast....i cant fault it, excellent value for money.

If money was no object then i would have the VU+ solo 4K

Andy_Hazza
06-03-16, 08:43
If money no object get the Mut@nt HD2400 or the Vu+ Solo4K. Push your £150 budget out a little more and get the Vu+ Solo2, fantastic receiver, great quality and a remote to die for. Tried Extrends, didn't like them, BUT that is my opinion only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willmoore
06-03-16, 08:53
To meet your spec and stay within £150 budget your options are limited.
Edison twin tuner with USB hard drive. Very good box and a great remote.

twol
06-03-16, 09:23
To be honest I would probably try and wait until the next European electronics show (June?) to see whats announced.
Otherwise the Et8000 or mut@nt.
I think if you are an "enthusiast", money to burn, and likes trying things knowing some won,t work then the Vu 4K, but I am sure there will be newer boxes coming that support 4K where the drivers might even work out of the box :) but I am an optimist ... sometimes :)

Stanman
06-03-16, 11:23
To get something decent your going to have to push your budget up a bit.

Duo2 is well priced
Xtrend 's
TM3T

staden321
09-03-16, 20:51
Ps and if it does all go ****up like Italia you've got cable option rather than a 200 quid digital doorstop. Hope reaper reading this I'd sure he'd approve
If I've upset anyone tell me I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk