PDA

View Full Version : flashing new bootloader

Hemmingway
04-03-16, 21:30
Hi Guys
I've dragged my vu+ duo out of retirement and was about to flash new vix image but tutorial says may need to flash new boot loader first I've looked at the date of latests
bootloader and it is newer that existing my question is do i just do the same as flashing an image (i.e.) power off usb in power on let it do its thing then do image flash or is there something else i should do
Tia

abu baniaz
04-03-16, 21:42
yes, flash exactly the same way as an image

Hemmingway
06-03-16, 17:33
Hi
Ive just done bootloader update and then 037 vix but didn't do a backup after doing bootloader and now it won't recognise my backup to restore all my settings is it a boot loader issue if so how can i sort this. can i go back to my original bootloader on vix 037 or will i need to go back to 3.0 and old boot loader restore that config then update boot loader and then backup then 037 and restore from there
Ta

abu baniaz
06-03-16, 18:08
You do not need to use an older bootloader to flash an older image. Please forget the bootloader now.

The Image Manager was coded to reject really old settings backups. This is so as to avoid issues with changes.

In simple language, what do you want to do.

Hemmingway
06-03-16, 18:19
1. i want to get my channel list back to the sly norm that it was before updating to 037 i seem to have all channels but not in the right order.
2. in cross epg provider orders i have nothing listed
3. also what should tuners be set to

abu baniaz
06-03-16, 18:35
I have edited your post (split the items up). Hope you do not mind.

3. You must configure your tuners to what is connected to them.
If your tuner A is connected to a Sky dish for UK services, set it as simple, single, 28.2
If your tuner B is connected to a Sky dish UK services, set it as simple, single, 28.2

1. AutoBouquetsMaker will make the channel list almost exactly as Sky.
In your region, select the one with "custom" after the name. Not HD or SD.
See this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47834-ABM-How-to-exclude-unavailable-HD-channels

2. Which part of Cross EPG downloader do you want to use? There are two options:
Get the EPG data from signal wire
Get the EPG data from the internet

EDIT:
If you want to use the signal wire option this video guide should help.

https://youtu.be/0OrNT2MFzAk

abu baniaz
06-03-16, 18:49
The EPG data changed some time ago. The receivers with low amount of RAM seem to struggle. To overcome this issue, you should create/activate/enable a swap file. You will find the swap file manager in the Vix menu.