PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] OE Alliance

tappari
04-03-16, 10:36
Since OpenViX and OpenATV are members of same alliance, I would like to place you one question:
If I want to flash my box using OpenViX image I can do it from /media/hdd/imagebackups directory just uploading image there as .zip mode.
If I want to flash my box using OpenATV image I can do it from /media/hdd/image directory just uploading image there as .zip mode.
Why different directories? Could it be possible to coordinate this thing inside of Alliance?

mann
04-03-16, 10:45
I have done this in the past with no issues just dont install any backups from one image to the other but plain clean image flashing no problems.

tappari
04-03-16, 11:00
I have done this in the past with no issues just dont install any backups from one image to the other but plain clean image flashing no problems.
That`s not what I mean. What I mean is why the directories have to be different with these images. Of course I mean fresh flash from .zip file.

birdman
04-03-16, 11:34
That`s not what I mean. What I mean is why the directories have to be different with these images. Of course I mean fresh flash from .zip file.Probably just because two different people chose different names?
It does mean that you'll only see the images for what you are running, which might avoid confusion.

If you want them to be the same you could make one location a symlink to the other.

twol
04-03-16, 12:04
Well (being in an argumentative mood:) ) you should ask the Atv guys why they changed things because its the same module in both systems and most of the code came from Vix originally or so I have read :) .
Seriously, you have multiple development groups, who put in their own time to develop their images and expecting them to communicate and agree changes like this is asking a lot ..... It doesn,t even happen in most software companies without extremely strong management and development standards :)

tappari
04-03-16, 12:25
Well (being in an argumentative mood:) ) you should ask the Atv guys why they changed things because its the same module in both systems and most of the code came from Vix originally or so I have read :) .
Seriously, you have multiple development groups, who put in their own time to develop their images and expecting them to communicate and agree changes like this is asking a lot ..... It doesn,t even happen in most software companies without extremely strong management and development standards :)
I did. Their answer:
Repository of enigma2 is not located inside OE-Alliance.
Every team is responsible for "their" enigma2. You will not get them 100% inline - never...

twol
04-03-16, 13:21
I did. Their answer:
Repository of enigma2 is not located inside OE-Alliance.
Every team is responsible for "their" enigma2. You will not get them 100% inline - never...
OK - didn't know that ..... but every week the E2 code gets further apart with slight modifications done in different ways, new features, and functionality like the 4K implemented differently ... although there are some components (probably over 50%) that are identical and not changed since the OE-A started

birdman
04-03-16, 13:46
As I understand it:

The OE part of OE Alliance is for Open Embedded, which is a standard way of building the OS for small systems. It has a standard development environment.

Enigma2 is an application that runs on this. Different teams will have different (but similar) code, skins, etc. for this.

tappari
04-03-16, 14:04
It seems that non of you cannot answer the simple question: why in ViX image you flash .zip image from /media/hdd/imagebackups and in ATV from /media/hdd/images?

twol
04-03-16, 15:03
It seems that non of you cannot answer the simple question: why in ViX image you flash .zip image from /media/hdd/imagebackups and in ATV from /media/hdd/images?

Actually (having now checked), they are totally different programs and that's the way they are written ... so it may not suit your requirements but .... :)

judge
04-03-16, 15:10
Just press a button & change location...

IAmATeaf
05-03-16, 10:11
So which of the teams are you expecting to change their location as it will likely miff their users off. Imagine if it's ViX and after an update all the backups made previously no longer appear?

abu baniaz
05-03-16, 13:02
The OpenATV has two different applications for creating a backup and also flashing one. The image backups are not zipped. They are not created in the same folder as the other images. The good thing I see about the OpenATV one that you can manually select an alternate location for single use. The Vix Image Manager, has everything in one place.

BoxFreak
10-03-16, 08:32
If you want to try between ATV and ViX images it might be easiest to use link to merge the backup locations, like this:
mv /media/hdd/image/* /media/hdd/imagebackups
rmdir /media/hdd/image
ln -s /media/hdd/imagebackups /media/hdd/image
Then the default directories work from both images and it's easy to load either image backup from either running image.