PDA

View Full Version : Front display panel not showing anything

eoinzy
04-03-16, 01:10
Hi,

I have a Mutant HD2400 since yesterday from the World of Satellite.
The front LED display worked fine yesterday but today it just won't turn on. It's completely blank.

I did make a few changes to the box.
For example, I set it up with different skins (slyk1-hd) and I installed a driver for my usb wifi and autobouquets as well.
Then I installed a HDD, but that was AFTER the screen stopped working. I've already opened the box up again and made sure I didnt remove any wires.

The only change of note that I can think of is that it was on build 036 when I got it, and through the setup wizard it got updated to 037.
I just installed 036 again but the front screen hasn't come back, so I think I'll just update to 037 again.

In the Settings (Settings -> Front Display Panel) I noticed there's an option to turn on/off the display, but toggling this has no affect. This was always "on" any time I looked. Is there a file somewhere on the OS that I can check for this setting?
I'm thinking maybe its set to "OFF" in that file and maybe I can change it manually.
Otherwise I'm thinking it might be a hardware issue.

Can anyone give me some guidance here?

Cheers.

Bazzer
04-03-16, 01:18
Not had any problems with mine and I am running 037 saying that every image I have used and never had a problem with front panel display.

psykix
04-03-16, 09:44
If you power it off by the mains and power back on do you get the HD2400 on the display?

If not it's not a skin or image issue.

eoinzy
04-03-16, 13:25
No, if I completely power it down, I never see anything on the front screen at all.

psykix
04-03-16, 15:21
Sounds like it's faulty then :-(